• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Now you're going to think I'm just another noob who's too lazy too find a good tutorial, but I've looked in a bunch of places and I can't find one that helps me. I have Photoshop 7.0.1 and I'm trying to alpha stuff out, but I can't figure out how to do it. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could explain this to me or give me a link to a good tutorial that can help me. Also I have a request for anyone who reads this....please don't spam me or start complaing that this question is asked too much.....unless of course you knew from the first time you started skinning/modeling what to do and how to do it, and you didn't have to ask for help.(Let he who is sinless cast the first stone)If you spam me I will call the apocalypse upon you!(I have powers :wink: )

Level 11
<throws a stone at Lord Finarfin>

1.Go to 'Channels' tab in editing screen
2.You'll see 4 channels, Alpha on bottom
3.Make all visible and select Alpha layer
4.Now you'll see pink colore on parts that are aplhaed out
5. If you want to alpha stuff out paint it black
If you want to make something that is aplhaed out visible paint it white
7. select RGB layer.

Now the funniest part: i never used PS to alpha stuff out before. Just installed it now.

Level 11
*calls the apocalypse on mouteck for throwing stones*(that hurt! :lol: ) Thanks for responding! *gives you a cookie* *gives sansui two cookies* Thanks for the links!

Level 11
Normally it looks like this
here.jpg

You have to click little square at the left of Alpha layer to make it visible (it should have little eye icon like layers above), then select Alpha layer to edit.

Level 11
Yet another question in case anyone is still paying attention to this post: how do you get rid of the team color? I'm using the Spellbreaker for skin experiments and the face mask thingy won't go away. Can someone help me with that? I'll give you a cookie if you help me! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.