• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

alpha orc warlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
can anyone make a green orc(not fel) warlord model that looks like the one from the alpha pictures? and also i want some icons i saw in the same picture which are of his skills.
Edit: can someone also make the knight model from the alpha as well? and a commander hero model also from the alpha?

Last edited:
Level 29
1. Had always thought as button for Berserk equivelant for Orcs. Here seems to be used as self-AoE bloodlust spell that is cast like a scroll given the chance that mouse over txt would be related to screenshot's context.
2. was icon for Warrior's Demoralizing Shout in WoW(which can be described as similar in function to howl of terror ability in wc3). Here its either standing for the battle cry(unlikely given the above) or its that berserk button.
3. was icon for Warlock's Demon Armor spell in WoW, which gives bonus armor and increased health regen. However here id like to presume it stands for an early Death Pact or Life Drain. Something to do with hitpoints, given there is a blood drop inside the open mouth of the shield displayed at the icon.

Is there perhaps any shot of this hero showing an ultimate 4. skill/spell for him ?

Level 2
thx for the icons Apathetic and what they did Eagle XI, and no i haven't seen any pictures that had his ultimate, if anyone seen a picture with his ultimate i would be pleased to know, but anyways, i still need the model of the normal orc warlord so if anyone can make it...
Edit: looking at the picture i gave of the icons i saw the spell name blood rage and them i searched if there was a spell with the name in WoW, turns out there was and what it did was to temporary buff damage, so i guess that is what it does

Last edited:
Level 2
I could make his skin green, but I can't make him look like that model on those images.

The thing is, the orc warlord model we have ingame doesn't have a dissipate animation nor is he green, so i really need a model that looks like that one in the alpha pictures
Edit: also the skin of the armor doesn't match, his face isn't covered by the helmet, he seems to have more team color parts, from what i see in his portrait one of his shoulders doesn't have a shoulder pad and the horns on the helmet are diferent

Last edited:
Level 2
3. was icon for Warlock's Demon Armor spell in WoW, which gives bonus armor and increased health regen. However here id like to presume it stands for an early Death Pact or Life Drain. Something to do with hitpoints, given there is a blood drop inside the open mouth of the shield displayed at the icon.

i think that isn't it, in this picture here:
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/albums/war3_prerelease/054.jpg
he is using that skill of the shield, and it seems to be buffing the defense of the nearby units. Also notice in the place where his buffs are, and notice the endurance aura there, and there isn't any tauren chieftains here, so maybe endurance aura was originaly his.
Edit: the problem on getting a picture that has the icon of his ultimate is that mostly the ones who took the picture put the logo of their company and put it in that place, so it's hard to see what icon was there.

Last edited:
Level 2
Last edited:
Level 21
The blood rage icon you gave me wasn't quite correct, one of the horns of the warlord in the icon was missing, so if you could add it...
Sorry, I didn't make that icon, I got it from here.
and the third skill that the shaman(at this time using the warlock model which makes more sence imo) has in this picture: http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/albums/war3_prerelease/053.jpg
That was probably just the Cyclone ability, but with another icon.

Level 2
Apathetic turns out the blood rage icon was already uploaded here as well nvm what i asked.

Level 2
seems like people abandoned this post, or are making the model
in any case, i still need the green orc warlord
Edit: can someone also help me with another one of the alpha heroes? this time it's the crusader, which used the knight model with a hero glow on the sword, i need to know his skills, if anyone can find them...
Edit 2: i figured out something by looking close to the alpha pictures, it seems like the auras in the alpha didn't show in the hero skills row, it seems as they just shown in the unit, but still gave the effect.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I've been doing this for a while.

The existing in-game Knight essentially has the weapon & characteristics (aside from the face) of the Beta Crusader. Most of his spells were Seals, like "Seal of Courage", "Seal of Valor", etc (don't know what they do or anything; probably AoE Buffs & stuff)

The Beta Orc Warlord was awexome, and with some slight MDL/texture editing, the in-game Campaign "Slave Master" would fit perfectly. As far as I can tell, he had Proper Names like "Foerend", "Doomroar", & "Warmaul", as well as abilities named "Raging Scream" & "Blood Rage" (again, no idea).

Those pics you have of the "Witch Doctor" are actually the Beta Shadow Hunter (which eventually made it into TFT, thank goodness). I don't remember entirely, but Googling for some info has proven useful to me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.