• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Allied heroes appear in the top right corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Good Afternoon, i'm not sure if the tittle of the topic was a bit missleading but didn't know how to explain it better with few words. Basicly what i need to know is how you make your allies hero score icon appear the same place as your own hero is in the top right corner. Been trying to do it myself but i have came to a dead end on how to solve it. I need it for Molten core map i made in world editor for some friends, the map have space for 4 players and to make the healing easier i wanted all allied heroes to appear in the top right corner with the icon of the respective hero so it would be easier to heal, as you can simply click the icon instead of finding the hero on the map which can be quite hard in the middle of a fight.

I apologize for the wall of text, i tried to explain it as good as i could.

i sincerely hope you can help me out with this.

Best regards
-Fera

There is a trick to get your allies' hero icons to show up with your own. This will show player 2's hero icon to you and yours to his:

• Player - Make Player 1 treat Player 2 as an ally with full shared unit control
  • Player - Make Player 1 treat Player 2 as an ally with shared vision
  • Player - Make Player 2 treat Player 1 as an ally with full shared unit control
  • Player - Make Player 2 treat Player 1 as an ally with shared vision
And it's on the top-left not the top-right, unless you're looking at your computer screen through a mirror or are cardinally-impaired.

Level 3
Thanks for the fast answer i really appreciate it, i'll try to make it with the tools you gave me.

About the right-left matter, it seems like i managed to overlook such a huge mistake which could have caused some inconvenience in the understand matter of my question. for that i'm sorry.

Once again Thanks
Best regards
-Fera

Level 3
I can't seem to get it to work, tried to make a new trigger and made those 4 actions but it doesn't seem to apply to my allied. Tried it out with a computer allied as player 2, but does it have to be an actually irl player that have to be player 2 for it to work out correctly or what do i do wrong?

A small note for me it looks like this:
Actions:
Player - Make player 1 (red) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an ally with shared vision and full shared units
Player - Make player 1 (Red) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an ally with shared vision
Player - Make player 2 (Blue) treat Player 1 (Red) as an ally with shared vision and full shared units
Player - Make player 2 (Blue) treat Player 1 (Red) as an ally with shared vision

I don't have the option to take just the "Full shared unit controle" had to take the other "shared vision and full shared units"

if i do something wrong please enlighten me.

Best regards
-Fera

Level 3
I somehow got it to work now with the time elapsed trigger, my only problem is that i actually have controle over player 2's hero. i wondered if it was possible to still see the player 2's hero icon on your own screen without controling him?

and thanks for the help so far i really appreciate it.

Best regards
-Fera

Level 3
Thank you so much for the map example with the trigger, thekebecer, it works just perfect!. I sincerely appreciate the help i've got on this matter.

Once again thank you

Best Regards
-Fera

Status
Not open for further replies.