• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alliance Expedition

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: _lycan
DISCLAIMER: I did NOT make ANY of the models/skins, they were all done by either Blizzard, or people here at the HiveWorkshop. [/color]
PICTURES:

208049-albums4918-picture49243.png

208049-albums4918-picture49599.png

208049-albums4918-picture49600.png

[/color]
208049-albums4918-picture49242.png

208049-albums4918-picture49241.png

Updates:
--------------
Like the one reviewer said, I have made changes so that the Force Bridges are more obvious. I added the Dalaran Sparkles and some shattered +1cliff to show you that the islands can be crossed.

Idea
-----------
Anyways, this is my first map ever uploaded evar. Its basically the exact same as anyother map, 2vs2 and can hopefully become one of your faveorite maps to play casually! Like I said, I didnt make any of the models/skins, all I did was design the Terrain and obect edit a couple things. This map is for them most part the Outlands tileset, but it also has some BlackCitadel and Felwood in it too. It was inspired by the Netherstorm and Zangarmarsh zones in Wow, even if ive never actually gotten past level 7 I still see screenshots. Use the cheat "iseedeadpeople" to look at the 2 inaccesible landchunks, they're pretty and a certain famous demon is watching from one of them. See if you can find him. The idea is that the Alliance expedition, the one with Alleria, Turalyon, Khadgar, Kurdran, and Danath are here in Outland, hunting down fel orcs. But they encounter an offensive force of the Burning Legion. Most of the human units are humans, dwarves, and high elves. While the Legion forces consist of demon, monsters (the new Necromancer is scariest I think...) and scary stuff. Ive only ever played Warcraft 3, only read a little about what came before that wasnt elf related. So im not entirely sure if this is all lorecorrect. The 4 human heroes each have 1 name, Khadgar, Turalyon, Alleria, and Kurdran. :D

Information
--------------------
2 Players start on opposite corners of the map, each on their own shattered little outland islands. ForceBridges allow for travel to nearby chunks of land, and strategic waygates will allow transport into the enemy's side of the map. There are alot of chokepoints, which means it could be easy to tower up and area and ensure noone gets past it. Creeps are edited to be fel orcs, which all deal chaos damage. This map has some very good item drops. I placed Boundary in the water/void, so that flying units wont be able to simply fly across the whole map across space.

Races
------------------
Night Elf: No changes, not like they ever went to Outland.

Orcs: No changes. I considered changing the models to Blizzards fel orcs, but I thought they'd be to similar to the creeps, and green was good lorewise anyways. I think.

Human: Changes. Bloodmage has turned into Mage. Archmage has turned into Ranger. See below for the hero changes. A couple models have changed, and some renaming. Most hotkeys are still the same, so you shouldnt be to confused. Ive changed the Blood Elf units to make them High Elves once again, according to the lore. I havent made any "new unit"s, so the AI should be the same. I did make new abilities, so AI might not pick those up.

Undead: Biggest changes here. Nearly all of the models have changed, those that havent have been tinted dark red. The hotkeys are pretty much entirely changed I think, so your gonna have to use the mouse. The Townhall buildings (t2 and t3) deal chaos damage. Ive changed some upgrades, like the Freezing Breath into demon Skin for frost wyrms. Everything has been renamed. You should feel like your playing the Burning Legion. You should feel unstoppable. And you may be, not sure if I made the Demon Lord's ultimate unbalanced. I havent made any "new unit"s, so the AI should be the same. I did make new abilities, so AI might not pick those up.

Units
---------------
Demon Lord: Strength. Originally the Crypt lord. Has Burning Skin, which is the same as the CL's Spikeskin. Also has Demonic Aura, which is the same as Unholy aura. Also has Death Pact. And the ultimate: Reign of Chaos, which summons 3 infernals in a AOE for a long duration.

Eredar: Intelligence. Originally the Lich. Has Frost Nova, Death Coil, Banish, and Death and Decay.

Nathrezim: Strength. Origininally the Dreadlord. Has Sleep, Silence, Vampiric Aura, and his ultimate; Brainwash. Which is the same as Charm, but can be used on creeps up to level 6.

Shadowcaller: Intelligence. Originally the DeathKnight. Nothing like it now. Has Howl of Terror, Rain of Fire, Summon Lava Spawn, and it's ultimate: Bloodfury Shout. Has the range of 900, buffs allies with +25 damage, +3 armour, and increased rate of mana and life regeneration of 3.00 per second. Lasts for like 30 seconds. Seriously this make even peons a good damage dealer.

Shadowbeast: Originally the frost wyrm. Can learn the Demon Skin upgrade, which gives it heavy armour, and Resistant Skin to magic.

Sacrificial Altar: Originally Sacrifice Pit. Same, but has the Dark Summoning ability now.

TownHalls: Tier2 and Tier3 deal chaos damage instead of piercing.

Mage: Intelligence. Originally Blood Mage. Has Flamestrike, Brilliance Aura, Summon Water Elemental, and Mass Teleport.

Ranger: Agility. Originally Archmage. Nothing like him now. Has Summon Hawk, Wild Walk which is just like Wind Walk, Rapid Shot which increases ranged speed by 20-35-50%, and ultimate: Pinpoint Shots which increases her agility by 30 points. Maybe its unbalanced, but I feel in love with Legolas when I was little and have loved all elves since :D

Ranger: Same name, but a normal unit. Replacement of Rifleman, now a highelf with 100 more range than a rifleman. Can use the recurve bow upgrage.

All the neutral buildings have changed their models, just so you know.

All models have had their voices changed to fit their new models, if they were given one.

--------------
Basically do what you would normally do with Undead or Human. They are still the same units, just different models really, and if anything they're a bit more powerful. Towering up the chokepoints can be devastating, since nothing can get past the small areas. There are only a total of 6 gold mines on the map. Limited lumber in your starting area, but there is more surrouding the 2nd outland mine, and much more in the Zangarmarsh zones.

Keywords:
Alliance, Expedition, Outland, Kurdran, Wildhammer, Danath, Trollbane, Kil'jaeden, Mannoroth, Burning, Legion, fel, Blood, Elf, High, Illidari, Naga,
Contents

Alliance Expedition (Map)

Reviews
17:46, 22nd Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 17
The ai editor is basically a build order and mine order input system. There are tutorials on it on the W3editor helpzone. And there might be some on hive.

The map seems like a good Melee style map. Another variation like many

Terrain 7/10 Nothing to special but fits the map
Triggers N/A
Gameplay 6/10 Standard melee gameplay
Enjoyabillity factor 6/10 Depends if you like melee maps or not
Concept N/A Melee map no idea behind
Seems to be working all fine

Things i like:

The Variation of the undead race is nice and fitting
The nice creep names
Good use of terrain islands to give a good idea in air strategy for suprise attacks
Enemy ai which works correctly and is quite fun to play again
Mutiple Choke points to fight at
The epic creep shop for hiring demon mercs ^^

Things i don't like

The Bridges are hard to see/invisible. Its confusing at the start of how to travel to the next island. The only indication being the flying creeps-(Make bridges clearer)

Odd layout for travel for melee units
:

7/10 =3.5/5

Vote for approval

Level 17
Np and please put those screenies in hidden tags :( Or there is an epic scroll time :O (U forgot the close hidden part so its [Hidde="namehere"]

Level 4
To brambleclaw: ty i tried using that hidden thing but i only succeded in adding more scroll time... ill figure it out eventually i hope

To eubz: It is my first map but that doesnt mean i want sympathy votes... judge me like anyone else... just dont judge my description abilities lol

Level 17
All you have to do is type [!Hidden="Yournamehere"] (With the speech marks)
At the start of what you want to hide

Then [/Hidden!] at the end

Remove the exclamation marks

Alternatly go on edit advanced edit
Highlight what you wanna hide.
Then click on the hide button (Looks liek a spy glass. Then enter a name :p

This would rather be an 'altered melee' (map type on the hive), since you've actually changed models and switched heroes, not just made the terrain.
Also please credit the people individually, from whom you have gotten the models.
edit:
Creeps are edited to be fel orcs, which all deal chaos damage.
Isn't that a bit op, I don't think a hero can go farm some green creeps in the beginning like that :S
Also what's with the center of the map, is that just to fill up the empty space?
Also the map isn't symmetric, the 2 big expansion areas for example (the blue area).
Also
attachment.php
, I suggest removing the cliff around it, putting more trees down and also adding some outland flowers to the map, alot, because the map's terrain is pretty empty and only filled up on the edges of the cliffs.

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 616