• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Aid in Making Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
As the title read, I need help in making maps. You can be in a long term or short term collaboration with me, or just one map. I love making maps, but never shared them because they were just lacking. My standard will be Medium to Epic-sized maps (if Epic is possible to me, though). You can also ask me if you want help for your map, but not coding and stuff. I was thinking of making natural-looking maps that seems asymmetric, but players still have equal advantages when using the maps as their battlefield. Comment down below if you are interested so it can be transparent; anyone can see you is interested. We can two or more, if you want.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey @Keathen

Are you working on a specific project or are you offering your help to fellow map-makers in their projects? :)

Cheers! :)
Both, actually – one can make a collaboration with me or I could help them with their project. Apologies if you didn’t understand the thread’s content – what I have to say. I am familiarising myself when using custom models. I tolerate custom models of units/Heroes, but I prefer the standard ones when it comes to terrains, destructibles and doodads. :smile:

mXs

mXs

Level 1
i know how to make a basic map. i could help you in what i could if you like.

Level 20
Hey, don't need to apologize :)

So, if I understood right - you like working on terrain and prefer making melee maps, is that correct? :)

Oh, and if you're working on a project of you own, how about you tell us something about it? :)

P.S. A lot of map makers feel their maps are lacking! You should definetely share them with someone - either you will find out that people like them or you will learn what you should improve on :)

Level 2
Hey, don't need to apologize :)

So, if I understood right - you like working on terrain and prefer making melee maps, is that correct? :)

Oh, and if you're working on a project of you own, how about you tell us something about it? :)

P.S. A lot of map makers feel their maps are lacking! You should definetely share them with someone - either you will find out that people like them or you will learn what you should improve on :)
Whew! Okay, thanks.

It can be a melee, it can be for stories/campaigns, anything that tickles your fancy.

Sure, I am working on a Lordaeron Fall-based map, and wanted to make it both melee for players to combat against other, but with custom units (alternate versions of originals and not a totally new unit).

It’s not that I hate negative feedbacks but just being…not ready to share. I sometimes try to make maps based on stories/books I am writing. Same with writing and any other abilities of mine, if I tend to not finish it, it’s a scrap.

Level 20
Hey, no worries - I hope I didn't sound rude or anything.

The thing is, I'm not currently looking for a collaboration myself.

So why did I ask you all these questions? Well, I did it because people here are often more interested in working with someone when they know what to expect, so I've wanted to get you to tell us a bit more about yourself, your skills and your project :) And there you go - you just did, so you should have an easier time finding someone to team up! :)

P.S. One more thing that might help you get a nice collaboration going is posting some screenshots of your terrain, so that people know your style, but I'll leave that totally up to you :)

Level 2
Hey, no worries - I hope I didn't sound rude or anything.

The thing is, I'm not currently looking for a collaboration myself.

So why did I ask you all these questions? Well, I did it because people here are often more interested in working with someone when they know what to expect, so I've wanted to get you to tell us a bit more about yourself, your skills and your project :) And there you go - you just did, so you should have an easier time finding someone to team up! :)

P.S. One more thing that might help you get a nice collaboration going is posting some screenshots of your terrain, so that people know your style, but I'll leave that totally up to you :)
I think I understand. Feel free to ask stuff about me that disregards the topic. “But not here. They have eyes and ears everywhere…” [– Kel'Thuzad]. I will decide if or not I’m gonna post screenshots of progress of my map(s). I do love to team up – long term, short term, one-map creation…

Level 2
i know how to make a basic map. i could help you in what i could if you like.
Oof! I didn’t read this. Sure! Are you new to the game or just new to the community? Nevertheless, welcome! About helping me make maps, how shall do this?

mXs

mXs

Level 1
Oof! I didn’t read this. Sure! Are you new to the game or just new to the community? Nevertheless, welcome! About helping me make maps, how shall do this?
Hi, i know how to terrain. But in its basic way.

Status
Not open for further replies.