• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] AI retreat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,

My AI retreats a few second after I send a troop of his units with a
Code:
"Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 001 <gen>)"
order.
I automatically create units for the comp, and send them away to the direction that I want. Unfortunally the AI sends them back to his base and keeps them there...
Can I do something about this, something like stopping the AI from doing this?

Thanx in advance!

Level 2
If it is a computer player slot and you are running an AI script, then you can use Ignore Guard Position on the units so he does not order them back.

Level 6
Newly created units are automatically added to the defense group (around the defense captain). That is why the computer sends all new units to the base, or commands them to return if they get far away from there.

You need to assign the units to the attack group (in the AI script) or reissue the attack order once in a while. In the latter case, I think you need to use also "AI - Ignore Guard Position" on the units that the units wouldn't be heading towards the base every other second and then resuming attacking again.

Status
Not open for further replies.