• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] AI Question(hero pets)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
well i'm planning on building an AI for a map i'm creating currently but atm i'm making a hero which is going to have pets similar to a warlock in wow.

i have a general idea of what i want to do but i've never actually opened the ai editor before, actually, i was planning on using some jass triggers to make all the ai untill i found out there was an ai editor. but anyways thats all besides the point, my question is this...

first of all does anyone know of a better way to remove control of a single unit from a player but still have that player belong to them, other then just adding in a trigger that every time that unit is selected it auto deselects it. thats all i could come up with but i would prefer to have the unit selectable just not able to give commands to.

and secondly, would ai even work in a map if the unit actually belongs to a human player, or would i actually have to jass out all this "AI" with triggers for the hero's pet?

thanx in advance.(sorry i'm a noob when it comes to this ai thing, i didn't know it existed untill about 5 mins ago)

After checking out the ai editor i see it's not going to be the answer to my problems, it seems i'm gunna have to do everything with triggers which in all honesty seems pretty annoying. still looking for an answer to my first question tho...

Last edited:
Level 4
There is 3 possibility:

1.select/deselect trigger (i don`t know whats your problem with select/deselect trigger)
2.add ward to classification (it disables the attack, stop... icons)
3.add locust to the ability`s of the unit (it becomes unselectable)

:thumbs_up:

Level 8
A deselect trigger takes too long to run to stop selection, right click actions

Ward doesn't stop smart actions (right-click)

Locust stops enemies from selecting them as a target.

The pets can be done using Vexorian's Independant Summons System, available at wc3campaigns.net

Status
Not open for further replies.