• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI picking items from ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have a map (hero arena), where you go with your heroes through map, find runes or kill some monsters which will drop coins, whatever. also, it has some poor AI - but the main thing that irritates me - they dont pick up items. I need a trigger or something that will force them to do it - something like "a hero can see an item on the ground - he picks it" :) i tried it few times but it didnt work.

Level 5
The order must be to "right click an item". The target item may be a random item in area around hero. And you might check it every N seconds of the game. It's imperfect but it works, try it.
I may give you an example later if you need it.

Level 5
I made a testing map for you. Here's two heroes - human's and AI. AI hero stumbles around and picks up items when he comes near. Items are spawning randomly around the map. Check it out!
Sorry for not just attaching the trigger - I have russian version of WE so you might not understang anything...

Attachments

• testing map.w3x
    16.5 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.