• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI on triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
GUI a Graphic User Interface. It makes all the JASS codes 'Pretty' and "easy" to manipulate with the World Editor. JASS is the language Warcraft works with.

Yeah, you can somehow create an AI using Triggers.

Level 4
the ai editor is reallllllllly limited and can almost only be used for normal melee maps, if you want to write, for example, an aos hero ai then you should use jass.
Also gui doesn't make jass pretty, it makes it uglier:p it's just that for people who don't know programming gui is way easier to do then jass.

Level 4
Gui is the scripting interface.
If you open the script editor in the world editor and look at the only (standard on a new map) trigger that is there call melee initialization i thought, that is gui.

Level 29
AI's using triggers/jass is far more complex than making a system or spell coz you need to manipulate AI's movement, attack, building, retreat, etc...
If it's a melee game then I strongly recommend using the WE ai editor, if for example like rpg, then triggers can do it...
There are AI systems here like the ZTS threat system and see my signature...

Status
Not open for further replies.