• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] / AI Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have a jass function/trigger thingy, that is cause me a slight loss of bladder control.

It works fine, but after a period of what I am guessing is roughly 50 seconds, the game will suddenly and without fuss, quit out. Completely. No error message, no forwarning, no goodbye kiss. Just gone. Leaving me feeling bereaved and confused.

I would hazard a guess that it is to do with memory. Does it do this because of a memory overload? Leaks? Or spite?

All I can say is that it is probably to do with the fact that i have a loop that reduces a number by 1 every time it loops, and after the number reaches 0, the loop doesn't want to have anything to do with the number, or related function anymore.

Would someone be able to point out any obvious reasons? If not, I will post the entire code plus the functions here later on, and hopefully that will help. If not, I would actually have to refer you to the map itself when I've updatd it.

Would appreciate it, because the AI system I'm building is of moderate pride to me, and I'd hate to see it fail. :D

Level 7
Okay cheers! I fixed the problem now. :D I'd rep ya but you and I both know it's not worth anything. :D I think my loop was trying to call a null or something, can't remember. Probably -1 related.

They should make it that when you give rep, even if you don't have ten rep, when you do get 10, then the rep becomes worth 1 then. So I could rep you now, and then when I have 10 rep, it'll turn into a nice pretty gem for you. :D

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.