• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ai HELP please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I made a night elf sentinels ai and everything is fine but 1 thing thats driving me crazy, HIPPOGRYPH RIDERS, i told the ai to make archer and then a hippogryph and the hippo taming upgrade and THEN the hippogryph rider, it DOES make an archer,etc until it reaches the part with hyppo rider it stops....why? :( how to get the archer to mount that hippogryph?

Level 9
Please post those triggers for us to see the problems. Since it's triggered there could be some sort of issues.
Right-click on the trigger's name with paper (in the events - conditions - actions place) and click Copy as Text. Then use tab ["TRIGGER] paste copied text here [/TRIGGER"] (Without ")

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Night Elves cannot build "hippogryph rider" units. The AI gets suck as it is trying to build something it cannot yet it is waiting for it to be built. This stems from the AI meaning of the word build.

The hippogryph rider is a result of a unit ability and as such is a tactical AI decision. The AI will either automatically mount based on hard-coded tactical AI behaviour or be unable to mount at all due to a lack there-of. If the second is the case or if you need them to mount at specific times, then use a trigger to perform the tactical decision in parallel to the AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.