• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI for my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello dear community :)

I have following question: My plan is to have an AI, that controlls the players units. The problem is: I have no clue about making/using an AI :/

The AI is supossed to spawn and then roam the map, while looking for enemies and preferably trying to focus expansion/goldmines and help out allies in need if possible. Oh and I don't know if that's possible, but it would also be nice if there was a way to make the AI ignore another specific AI, that's only supossed to be attacked by players.

All my units are custom made (just so you know).

Maybe someone could help me out and explain what I have to do to create/integrate such an AI into my map!

Thanks in advance.

Level 7
have you checked the AI tutorials section of the site?

I had a look, but couldn't really find something fitting for my case. (I had to rule out JASS stuff, since I have zero experience with that)
I tried to use the AI-Editor, but my Ai always just runs to the same point on the map...like always and then just stands there :I

Level 7
One thing I tried is modifying the basic meele AI and straping it on to my map. It actually works properly in regards to the AI reacting to enemys when they meet them, but if they don't find an enemy unit/don't come into contact, they all just walk to their starting position and do nothing :/

Maybe somebody has clue on what I could change there.

Status
Not open for further replies.