• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

AI Editor (AI LAG in game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone! I created AI (Reforget)... For all STANDARD races. And they ALL LAGS (Hard FPS drop)! Like in this video (this is not my map on video)
I did all right. I know how to make good AI. But after 10-20 min FPS drop very hard (because of AIs). 6 AIs players on map... And it is lag for all players! Plz tell me... It can be fixed?

Level 29
First off all, please post your system specification. I think Reforged "consumes" a lot of resources because of the new graphics (HD). Even latest one (1.35) can take up to 16 GB of memory.
Also, since your problems are likely related to the AI, there is another guy who posted the similar problem beforehand, but it's for 1.31. I assume that this trick also works for 1.35:

Level 4
I play SD graphics... So it can't be lag. And: standard AI doesn't lag.
Well i put my AI on standard map and it no lag at all! But on my map it is hard lag! Also i delete ALL TRIGGERS and almost all from my map... And AI still lag!
I dont know what to do... :vw_unimpressed:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well i put my AI on standard map and it no lag at all! But on my map it is hard lag!
As I mentioned previously.
Such stutter is usually due to the AI trying to place down or find something they cannot.
You will want to layout your map so that the AI can place down buildings or find their victims and expansions more easily. Make larger open starting and expansion spaces for them to build in. Also make sure all expansion sites and all other player start locations are accessible by significantly sized land bridges since Warcraft III AI lacks optimisations to handle island maps well.

Status
Not open for further replies.