• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aggro + Hate System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello,

I need an aggro + hate system similar to that of Final fantasy 11.
Here is the detail:
1) All monsters roams (moves around) specific areas.
-This can be done by adding Wander (Neutral) ability and upon leaving the region, it moves to a random area within the region)
2) Aggro System
-Some monsters aggro others do not. (Attack units upon seeing them)
-This could be done by creating Neutral or Hostile units
-After walking some distance away from monster (let's say 1000 distance)
Then, if the monster is 2000 distance or less away from where it aggro'd then it return to position, continue roaming + regenerate their life at fast-pace till 100%.
Else, if greater than 2000 distance, monster stops, waits 3 secs then despawns (removed from game) and pops 1 minute later at specific position.
-If attacked while returning to position then their fast-pace regeneration pauses and they attack their attacker. (Add the attacker to their Hate List)
3) Hate System
-Upon any offensive move towards a monster, this offender enters this monster's hate list.
-Each monster has it's own hate list.
-Each unit in this monster's hate list has a hate value which increases by applying damage to it (be it abilities or normal attacks)
-Also a unit that cures (heals) another that is within this monster's hate list, enters that monster's hate list.
-Different amounts of normal damage increases hate by different amount. Different abilities increases hate by different amount.
-Only ways for the monster's hate list to be cleared when the monster dies, despawn (after moving away 2000 distance from original position and having non of the hated units within 1000 distance) or all hated units dies OR if none of the alive hated units are near the monster.
-Whomever has the highest hate, the monster attacks it.

Special Thanks in advance to the creator and will be credited in my map.
If you got any queries let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.