• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Age01

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: BlackKnightTGS
So, this is a simple map with sound for AOE2.
I have an idea to make a remake for all AOE2 scenarios.(Sorry for bad english)

So this is just the tutorial.
Please comment and answer me this question:
Shall I continue?

Updated: v1.01
Fixed Millitia typo. Health now is 40.
Added some dodads.
Added some terrain.

Comment and rate!

Keywords:
Created By Alex Dragon 1111
Contents

Age01 (Map)

Reviews
16:09, 18th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 8
That was a short map...you should improve your description. Yes, you should continue, but make all the maps and add them in a campaign, then upload it. 4/5 for now because I like Age of Empires and the idea that someone's going to remake it ;)

And fix the author name too.

Level 3
well, it should be good, map just looks like boring cause its to empty, add something, and I dont understand why does knight have 100hp and footman 400? and you should have some models ^^ but continue, I wanna play this when your done

Level 35
This map is surprisingly well done, I enjoyed it about as much as I enjoy any tutorial (don't really like tutorials, but this one is an exception, the Age Of series had great tutorials :p)
The terrain is, as mentioned before, rather flat and uninteresting, adding some doodads and perhaps a bit of variation to the terrain would help remedy that, though. Although I do know that the terrain in Age of Empires 2 was kind of flat as well, doesn't mean you can't add a bit of variation on that within your mod :3

Something I notice is that the Militia have 400 health and the Knights have 100 Health. If I remember correctly, Militia should have 40 health. I'm guessing this is just a typo, but a typo that had a massive effect on the game. Do be careful of typos, especially in statistics :p

I am giving this 3/5, as it is just a tutorial and there are still lots of things you need to add, but it is playable and very much useful :3
Good luck with making more campaigns ;)

Level 5
Yeah, I guess I should continue with them. The second map is only 10% completed, because I've got problems with the food stockpile. Any suggestions how can I make the rock and food stockpile?
And yes I will continue on the first map, adding some dodads, fixing the millitia's health...
BTW the sounds are from the original AOE2.

Level 35
I wonder if it matters where the sounds come from? I know you can't use models from another game, or icons (I think), but I'm not sure about sounds :p

How do you mean rock and food stockpile? You mean drop-off points for harvesting food and rock? I'm not sure how you'd do that tbh, sounds rather tricky to replicate as Warcraft doesn't cater for extra resources all too well.

Level 8
Yes, drop-off points and to show how much food or rock you gained.
I was thinking making an extra board. Yes, I know: it's tricky:p

If the rock or food is supposed to be gold, them add the ability "Return Gold", if the rock or food is supposed to be lumber, then add the ability "Return Lumber", or if the rock/food is gold and the food/rock is lumber, then add the ability "Return Gold and Lumber".