• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Role Playing Game] Age of Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Genre: Mini-game / RPG / Strategy
Players: 1-6
It's loosely based on the Heroes of Might and Magic, and a lesser known Age of Heroes mobile game series.

So a few people on hive and elsewhere said that I should make ToMM multiplayer, but the code there was a mess and it was written for only playing with the AI. I have kind of ran out of ideas for that map, so now I've decided to make a proper multiplayer version. It will have a global map, not just the battle arena, and be playable with up to 6 people.

- multiplayer
- global map
- simplified initiative system
- splitting units in whatever sizes, not just in growths of like 20 skeletons at a time
- spell schools based on element like in H3, not chaos/light/dark like in H5; +racial spells like death coil
- leadership stat determines maximum size of each stack
- limited skill learning, choosing from 4 random skills with each level up, up to 6 total skills
- skill and army choice not limited by hero class (e.g. death knight can get leadership and lead some ogres)
- skill levels go up to 4 (basic, intermediate, advanced, expert), not 3
- unit ability descriptions can be seen during battle
- limited time for taking turns
- no texttags showing unit sizes, everything is in the multiboard
- melee retaliation is done simultaneously with the attack, the retaliation damage is reduced if the attacker is faster than the defender, but is calculated before the defenders die from the attack
- ranged damage is reduced when firing through terrain or other units
- new damage types and resistances to them; for example, skeletons take less piercing damage but more blunt damage

For now I've made:
- Deployment phase
- "Initiative" system
- Pathing
- Hero attack, moving stacks, "wait" and "defend" orders, melee attack, shooting
- Spellbook screen, some spells
- Spell shrine - allows the hero to learn a random spell
- Skill screen, some of the skills
- Inventory screen

Planned
- spells, 64 shared lore spells + ~4 unique spells per race + a few item spells
- end of combat, casualties
- AI
- army/hiring screen
- more heroes and races
- terrain

I'm testing it with kloader and it seems to not have any desyncs so far.
The map is as always being made on 1.26.

Screenshots
HeroPick.png Runic Strike debuff.png Skeletons.png Inventory.png Skill Screen.pngOgres.pngRogues.pngDeathCoil.png

Attachments

• Age of Heroes v0.w3x
    368.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.