• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Aftershock spell help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The hero attacks the enemy with such force that it will take 50 aftershock damage 4 seconds later. Can happen a maximum of once every 4 seconds.
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Level of Aftershock for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 1
Then - Actions
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Set Aftershockdamage = 50.00
Wait 3.90 seconds
Unit - Set life of (Attacked unit) to ((Life of (Attacked unit)) - Aftershockdamage)
Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
Else - Actions
Do nothing
Ok, but my problem is, what do i do about bounty? because this doesnt give bounty

Level 7
Use a damage target trigger, that way you can go
Unit - Order (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast) for (50.00) using attack type Chaos and damage type Divine.

this allows for exact damage and no nasty dummies, also the attacking unit, what the hero may be can be listed as the variable and so the game reads the damage coming from him, this solves the problem of bounties

Level 11
Hmm... I never actually tried to order the Casting Unit itself to attack. I always created a dummy unit. And what's wrong with dummy units? Units can still damage if they don't usually attack. I tried that with some dummy units and it actually worked. Want the proof? Take a look at the "Deaf Curse" spell into my last spell pack.

Anyway,I will try your idea as well Drain Pipe. It looks pretty interesting (I thought about it but I forgot that when damaging, units do it instantly). Just a little detail, what if the Casting Unit dies into those four seconds?

~Daelin

Level 4
Xipe_Totec said:
Use a damage target trigger, that way you can go
Unit - Order (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast) for (50.00) using attack type Chaos and damage type Divine.

this allows for exact damage and no nasty dummies, also the attacking unit, what the hero may be can be listed as the variable and so the game reads the damage coming from him, this solves the problem of bounties

the only problem is this isnt a casting spell, its a passive.

Level 4
how about.
Aftershock
Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
((Owner of Aftershocker) is an enemy of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) Equal to True
((Attacked unit) is A structure) Equal to False
Actions
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Wait 3.90 seconds
Unit - Order Aftershocker to damage (Attacked unit) for (50.00 x (Real((Level of Aftershock for Aftershocker)))) using attack type Hero and damage type Normal.
Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Level 1
Daelin said:
Wrong. Because you will damaged the Attacked Unit. Damage the ATTACKING UNIT. So it would be:

Unit - Order Aftershocker to damage (Attacking unit) for (50.00 x (Real((Level of Aftershock for Aftershocker)))) using attack type Hero and damage type Normal

~Daelin

uh, the attacker is supposed to damage the attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.