• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advices about my Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello everyone, I'm planning to create a "Melee Map" based on the conflicts of the Scarlet Crusade and Forsaken. I need your advice on how many heroes they would have between them: 4,5 or 6 Heroes per faction?

Level 39
Start with the smallest number that seems reasonable to you and build you map based around that. If you really feel it's too few you can up the number later to fill the gameplay/story/battlefield gaps as necessary. Also relying on fewer players in this age is probably more intelligent; it's just not likely 12 people at a time will be playing your map together. Most games I see on Bnet custom are 3-6 people unless its really popular.

Level 6
Start with the smallest number that seems reasonable to you and build you map based around that. If you really feel it's too few you can up the number later to fill the gameplay/story/battlefield gaps as necessary. Also relying on fewer players in this age is probably more intelligent; it's just not likely 12 people at a time will be playing your map together. Most games I see on Bnet custom are 3-6 people unless its really popular.
Hhmm....Ok, Thank you for the advices, i will reflet about this.

Level 6
Fine.. and about the Units's number? for example, i'm intend to add more 3 units from Human race (Scarlet Crusade) what you think about this?

Level 39
It really depends on what they are and how they change the balance of humans in the map. If it was me I would replace units in the human techtree, not just add to it. Ideally you end up with a balanced techtree that uses different units than normal humans for some roles.

Level 6
It really depends on what they are and how they change the balance of humans in the map. If it was me I would replace units in the human techtree, not just add to it. Ideally you end up with a balanced techtree that uses different units than normal humans for some roles.
Hhmm... abou the Map, whos is better to begins? a Plaguelands Map or a Tirisfal Glades?

Level 39
Whatever you want.
Whatever is more interesting.
Whatever inspires you.
Whatever you have more ideas for.
Whichever one you would play.
Whichever is easier.

Pick any reason above or use any other logic to decide... it's entirely up to you.

Level 39
Not bothering me, I just think mapmaking should be about what you the creator would play, not what the community tells you they'd play.

Now, if you frame you question as "here are two solid ideas I can't decide between, with plans/details for each one, which one do you like and why?" That's a reasonable way to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.