• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advice on story map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi guys

I'm just curious for some advice on making a proper story map with full quests and cutscenes and whatnot. I've not really done any much with quests and cinematics but do have a rough idea of how to trigger them. So just a couple of questions to begin with!

- when dealing with cinematics, is it wise to make select things invulnerable?
- how do quest requirements work? Never really touched them before
- just any generic advice for a campaign level? Most of my maps have been more survival/defence based!

Level 7
1. It is wise if you make it invulnerable at the right time, for examp: make units invulnerable at a cinematic war is bad(i think at some point) it'll make them attack unnaturally. It is pretty much self explanatory
2. You never tried it? Well try it now! :] you'll see the changes in the game. if you dont understand something about it, then ask it :D
3. Advice... Hmm... Make the terrain interesting, maybe?

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
1. I would "Make player treat player as an ally".
2. Only by experimenting you can figure it out. Need an array variable so you can reference to more than one.
3. Depends what kind of campaign and map it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.