• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Adventure of Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
First : my english isn't that good, if you find mistakes in this thread or in the map please let me know.

Welcome,

This map is only about fishing. Yes, you just take your fishing rod and try to catch fishes and you try to get all fishes. The idea of the map is from Go Fish!. I really liked it in the past but it was always to small, so i started my own fishing map.

I really try my best with the terrain but im just not a good terrainer.

This map is in Alpha state so! Its really at beginning of everything. I wanted to make much more items and a bit more endgame and so on. But in this state i need some testers who find some bugs.

Main Data

Fishing

Features

Complete Map

Screenshots

MapPreview.jpg

Version : 0.07 ALPHA
Map size : 352x224
Data size : 1.3MB
Max Player : 6
Fishes : 44
Islands : 4 ( more in version 0.07 )
Equipment : 3 ( more in version 0.07 )

Fishing is really easy. Search a place you want to fish (water) and then use the spell "Start Fishing" on water. Then just wait until "!!!" appears over your bopper and hope that your strength is enough to get the fish.

All 3 atributes influence the fishing.

fishingSkills.jpg

The fishes has different levels, higher levels has lower chance to appear and its harder to catch high level fishes. To finish an island you have to catch all fishes on the island you are.

fishes.jpg

Things that has influence of spawn : day, night, rain and sun. Some fishes only appears in swarms

FishInfo.jpg

At the beginning it can be really annoying to just catch crap, but with increasing you attributes you will get better fishes.

Save/Load System

In this map you can save your process.

Saved Things :
- Gold, Event coins and skillpoints
- Hero experience points
- finished island and catched fishes
- Hero equipment
- archievement (not implemented yet)

savesystem.jpg

Pet System

With every complete island you get a pet which gives you a buff for you hero. For example the first pet gives you a buff which create a chance to ping a swarm when it appears.

In the next version there will be achievement which also gives you a pet for every achievement.

Event System

There are periodic events in the map. Every X minutes a event starts on the event island. After an event you can earn event coins depends on the fish weight you caught.

1. The complete map has 8 islands. 6 normal islands, 1 event island and a "dungeon" island. I try to make the last island a bit different maybe it will be canceled, we will see.

3. Equipment will be implemented in the finished map. You can have 6 different slots of equipment.

Island001.jpg Island002.jpg CatchFish Bag.jpg

Attachments

• Adventure of Fishing 0.06 protected.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Level 2
I just uploaded the new version 0.05.

Updatelog :
- fixed bugs
- change fish conditions for island 2
- change buffs for pets
- added 2 equipments (to test everyone get 20 eventcoins at the beginning)
- buffs reserve mana so you have to choose which buff you want to have (for test the start mana is set to 10)
- Loading Screen is added (credits are missing in this version but will be in next version)
- skillpoints are now in the functions so you dont have to run to the shop owner
- when a fish cuts off 5 times you get a little strength buff for 60 seconds
- the "standing eye" is removed and will be replace with the equipment later

for version 0.06 i planned to start with the events, i already start in version 0.05 but don't finished it. I also will make more equipment.

Level 2
Really not that bad idea..i really thinking about a little secret island...and the idea where to reach it..we will see...maybe when i finished every island ;)

I hope i can make every week a new update and i hope you enjoy test and post some more nice ideas ;D

Level 2
By myself i have discord and the channel for my map is already in work.

I just get some crashes since new update...that sucks. i have to find out how to disable this crashes.

I really hope you will test ne actual version and the next. I also need some idea if you have some.

Level 2

- Events are added with 5 different fishes. At the beginning you will have some troubles to caught a fish there.
- I just remove some bugs
- I add a new equipment (boots)
- Gloves now got a buff on upgrade level 5

Also this time i hope some people will test the map to find bugs or have some ideas for features or whatever.

Level 2
Some Information about new Version :

Tomorrow there won't be a new version because i don't finish it. I have a little raspberry project which is killing my time. Next sunday i will upload a new version. I already remove some bugs with the save/load system.

Status
Not open for further replies.