• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Advanced(-ish) Triggering help! (Unit Automation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
OK. I've been World Editing since this game launched, but this one has me stumped:

I'm sure we've all made doors before. (teleporting doors). You enter the mouth of the cave (region x) it teleports you to the interior of the cave (region y). That's a cinch. You can even trigger it so that if you give the unit a move order somewhere inside the cave, he goes to the "entrance" (region x) instead of milling about trying to figure out the impossible pathing. The same thing goes for attacking. You click attack on a unit in the cave, it's triggered so your guy goes to region x, etc. This is easy. This is not my problem.

****Here's the problem: Let's say that you issue an order for your archer to attack a monster while both units are "outside the cave." While your dood is firing away away, the monster enters region x, (thus teleporting him to region y). Your archer, unless you then order him specifically to move to region x, will mill about in a stupor, unable to follow. For ease of gameplay, I want to make my archer follow the monster into the cave *automatically*, but there's no trigger condition for "this unit is in the process of attacking something" or "this unit has previously been issued an order which it is attempting to complete."

This would be a small issue normally. But in my case, my "cave" has 2 entrances: the triggered (door) one, and one that you can just enter by walking around with no triggers involved. So when the monster teleports to region y, my archer begins running in the opposite direction, trying to go the long way around to complete his order. I feel this would be annoying to those barbarians on Battlenet.

Thoughts?

My first thought is that I should say "Screw those jerks on battlenet. What have they ever done for me anyway?" =D

Level 3
huh. Couldn't you just do:

• Archer moving thing...
  • Event -
    • Unit Enters Region (blah)
  • Condition -
    • Unit type - equal to (monster being attacked)
  • Action -
    • Unit - Move unit instantly to (cave thing)
    • Unit - Order (archer) to stop
    • Unit - Order (archer) to move to cave entrance
and supposing you have been triggering for a while you should have a seperate trigger that teleports anything on that region to inside. So trick is to add a "not equal to (monster being attacked)" condition. So when the monster being attacked enters there this trigger runs causing archer to run to it running to other one, causing archer to go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.