• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advanced Bulding/Unit Requirements!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

hello, I would like to know how you can add advanced building and unit requirements.

I searched a bit in the tutorial section, but no matches. If you know what tutorial features requirements I would be glad if you pass me the link.

Details:

I saw in several maps some strange requirements.

An ordinary example for common requirements:

You need Forge to train Rifleman.

But, after playing some maps, I came along some strange requirements:

- Waiting 15 seconds of game time
- Unit holds an item of item-type Y
- no unit of unit-type X
- only one allowed
- player owns a unit of unit-type Z

( All of these were NOT triggered, but) were shown as text in the build-/trainmenue

Could someone either please give me the basics to build and train requirements or please show me a link to a featuring thread/tutorial ?

Level 23
they are indeed triggered, at least some of them, and you can achieve this by basically detecting when your hero picks up item, and creating a building at some unreachable position that has name like "Claws of Damage +15" and then you can make the building requirement so it shows nice in yellow.

Dont forget to remove the unit when hero sells/drops the item

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Oh okay, I hoped you can create it somehow with default requirements, but anyway, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.