• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

ADTS vs DOTA? or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hint number one: make it fun over anything else...face it, dota's not balanced, far from original, overuses default editor spells and some spells cause lag....but people think its fast paced cool fun and feeds their ego. Follow that formula and win. Neither do most players care about quests and all the stuff real mappers do, they just want to own and make everyone else their little n00b. Sorry for the harsh statement, but in my experience this holds true, dats y really good maps dont even have a chance.

Level 6
wtf? i never said dota was bad, i just pointed out it's points dat a mapper would criticize. On a positive note, it is fun(for a while) and holds a diff kind of feeling as compared to other maps. SO ill stick by my tip and make ur maps fun as much as possible and less hassle for inexperienced/patienceless players to play.

Level 8
I have noticed this need to own people in Wc3 from my friend noah. He plays very shitty-ly made maps like Angel Arena, Anime Fight (wells thats okay but w/e)... I ask him why and he says "I just want to OWN!". he need to "feed his ego" by using the maps inbalanced Heros and skills to make himself feel skilled. I really want to work on a map (Pandamanania) that actually requires skills and timing, not just how fast can you buy the best item/skill/unit/hero and OWNNZZZZ!!!!!. I hate games like Dota, Angel Arena, Heaven Vs Hell, games that feed these ego-needy nooblets who just want to feel superior.
We need to work together to banish these douche-tards from the realms of warcraft for ever and cleanse Battle.net custom games list by destroying the demon that is Dota and all of his followers. Now is the time to fight! Now is the time to reclaim what is rightfully ours! WARCRAFT 3 : The Frozen Throne!/B.Net!

Level 4
I agree with everything youve said Pandamanana (That was tough too type out). Usually when people are like that there very insecure about there self in the real world so they gotta own someone else in Warcraft. I hope your map is really balanced Wand Mirror and good luck with it.

Level 27
I agree with everything youve said Pandamanana (That was tough too type out). Usually when people are like that there very insecure about there self in the real world so they gotta own someone else in Warcraft. I hope your map is really balanced Wand Mirror and good luck with it.

Thx .. and i may admit .. i sometimes play a DOTA or an AoS still hoping to reveal whats fun at the map .. but i never get it :p .. well i aint unsecure in real life .. i have an attitude :)

Level 6
Ever played the addictive counterstrike? its competition and ego combined into one. Dota gives you an adrenaline rush owning and doing crazy killing sprees just cuz u have dat +(insert crazy number, oh right, 250) damage item and some overpowered items on ur inventory.

Level 3
Ever played the addictive counterstrike? its competition and ego combined into one. Dota gives you an adrenaline rush owning and doing crazy killing sprees just cuz u have dat +(insert crazy number, oh right, 250) damage item and some overpowered items on ur inventory.

Yeah I agree that DotA is like CounterStrike so simple but still thousands (or more) love the game and still play, I have seened little children about 6 years old playing Counter Strike and now I see the same age kids playing DotA that's sick! Theese simple games poison the brains of little children and make them do crimes and disrespect older people just because they can't play DotA or CS. (I once was one of the little children who played Counter Strike and i deeple regret it I was a brainless zombie)
:thumbs_down:
So I would choose any map over DotA!

Level 3
Lol these dota bashing threads are still going? even though they are for a good cause...As much as I also hate dota these threads arnt going to realy help, but anyway id choose adts even though i play wow now :p

Level 6
Yeah I agree that DotA is like CounterStrike so simple but still thousands (or more) love the game and still play, I have seened little children about 6 years old playing Counter Strike and now I see the same age kids playing DotA that's sick! Theese simple games poison the brains of little children and make them do crimes and disrespect older people just because they can't play DotA or CS. (I once was one of the little children who played Counter Strike and i deeple regret it I was a brainless zombie)
:thumbs_down:
So I would choose any map over DotA!

i <3 CS:S :) im really good at it..but i like playing either Resistance:FOM or Call of Duty: 3 OR EVEN EA Fight Night Round 3....but i do love breaking hockey player in half in NHL 2007 :)

I'm a violent person ^_^ PS3 IS TEH ROX.

Level 12
Its obvious, in every business world, most ppl like us, developers hate MONOPOLY. And yeah DotA is on a Killing Spree monopoly over wc3 map making. You can make a map "way" better than DotA, but still you can't change the taste preference of gamers who are so addicted to DotA.

Level 3
Wand we have had an conversation like this before in my thread, but i what i think SHOULD be inside of an aos in my opinion is this:
1)All heros are balanced and cant be overused. Each require a different strategy play and each must have different roles (Support, Assualt, Etc.).

2)Fuseable items (items that can be combined with others) that require different things to make. You could make it different from dota by mixing more then just items to create another more powerful one. Example, to get the Axe Of Doom (whatever) you must have 3 hero kills 35 unit kills and must be over lvl 10 (this item is powerful :D ). Also the items shouldnt be rigged, but can be powerful depending on the cost.

3)Instead of units spawning and being upgraded every few minutes from each base, make the units that spawn more customizable. You could make like different melee units that can be used instead of a footman for humans, it could be a bandit maybe. They should also all have different attributes and even thoguh they are different should also be balanced.

These are just some ideas if you dont like them dont use them. They are just something i made up that i thought sounded cool, well peace :D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.