• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] adding Cooldown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is there a possibility to add a cooldown for an ability ? I didn't found a trigger for that. I only found one for removing the cooldown.

Level 5
hmm maybe it wil be easier when i explain why i need to add cooldown! So i have a triggered passive ability. Which has after use 10 sec cooldown (turnoff trigger; w8 10 sec; turnon) And i would like to make it seeable for a player. I know i can add cooldown to each passive ability but my custom abilty has % chance! So i cant do that. Hope there is other way to make it possible!

It is possible:
When you cast the spell, you remove the old spell and add another(with same tooltips/manacost etc, the only thing you change that it is based on some other ability like "taunt" and you add that ability larger cooldown(in object editor).
Than when the ability was cast and you remove it, you add this ability based on taunt and order unit to taunt (unit issue order with no target> night elves mountian taunt.
Than you wait (pooled wait) the cooldownd duration and remove taunt and add the old ability.

So you just need 2 abilities:
- first original
- second(fake one) just like the first one only thad does nothing and have bigger cooldown
- you swap them

And why do you need that anyway?

Level 5
hmmm thats good idea but, when you click on it you get the massge SPELL isnt ready or sth and the passive isnt a spell! when you click on reincarnation while cd nothing will happened

Level 5
ok i discribe whole effect! So you have eg 10% chance to blink to the target attacking you and attack him (normal attack order) after attack you will be ported back to your loc before this effect. This passive has 10 sec cd.

Level 25
Make an dummy spell based on orb of slow ability, make an dummy ability based on your ability, when triggered replace your spell with the orb spell before the attack is made! Then after some wait replace them back.
Make the orb effect something like storm bolt, add 100% chance of hitting on 1st level and 0% on 2nd level so when you strike the target the cooldown will begin. Also increase the level of the dummy ability after the attack.

Level 5
great thanks! I will do it +rep both of you! Hmm but i will use crit with 100% chance to deal 1x damage instead of the orb ^^

EDIT: There is a problem now! When I disable the ability and add the dummy one. I can't increase the level of the ability while it is the dummy one

Last edited:
Level 5
hmm it works only for the "main" interface not for the learn hero skills interface. This spell isnt there^^

Level 5
  • BSPort
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) is alive) equal to True
      • (Level of BlinkingStrikes for (Attacked unit)) not equal to 0
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 10) equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set BS_Attacked = (Attacked unit)
      • Set BS_Attacking = (Attacking unit)
      • Set BS_Loc[1] = (Position of BS_Attacked)
      • Set BS_Loc[2] = (Position of BS_Attacking)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at BS_Loc[1] using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlakCannons\FlakTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Move BS_Attacked instantly to BS_Loc[2]
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at BS_Loc[2] using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlakCannons\FlakTarget.mdl
      • Set BS_BDamage = (Real((Agility of BS_Attacked (Including bonuses))))
      • Unit - Cause BS_Attacked to damage BS_Attacking, dealing BS_BDamage damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Order BS_Attacked to Angreifen BS_Attacking
      • Trigger - Add to BSDamage <gen> the event (Einheit - BS_Attacking Takes damage)
      • Unit - Add BlinkingStrikes(Dummy) to BS_Attacked
      • Unit - Set level of BlinkingStrikes(Dummy) for BS_Attacked to (Level of BlinkingStrikes for BS_Attacked)
      • Player - Deactivate BlinkingStrikes for (Owner of BS_Attacked)
      • Trigger - Turn on BSDamage <gen>
      • Wait 10 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on (this Trigger)
      • Player - Activate BlinkingStrikes for (Owner of BS_Attacked)
      • Unit - Set level of BlinkingStrikes for BS_Attacked to (Level of BlinkingStrikes(Dummy) for BS_Attacked)
      • Unit - Remove BlinkingStrikes to BS_Attacked
and here the 2nd one:
  • BSDamage
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set BS_DI = ((Real((Level of BlinkingStrikes for BS_Attacked))) + (Damage taken))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at BS_Loc[1] using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlakCannons\FlakTarget.mdl
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer(BS_DI)))) at BS_Loc[2] with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 50.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Deaktivieren permanence
      • Unit - Move BS_Attacked instantly to BS_Loc[1]
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BS_Loc[1])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BS_Loc[2])
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
P.S. Hope the translation is good coz i have german world editor.

Last edited:
I think that the second trigger isn't needed, you can make all in one,
And the part where you add event trough triggers(i'm not sure if it works)

Edit:
Ok i need an explanation again...
When you get attacked there is 10% that the attacked unit will blink to the attacker and attacker will get hurt for the agility of attacked unit and than it blinks back? And when it gets the damage the ability goes in 10 sec cooldown and in that 10 seconds that passive ability can't be casted?

Level 5
When you get attacked there is a 10% chance that you will be moved to the atacking unit dealing damage + agilitybonus. After attack the unit will be moved back where it was before the effect has started. The ability gets 10 sec cd and while this 10 sec it cant be casted (The player must see the cd)

Aha, the part where you attack+agility bonus...(i don't know how to detect that attack D: )

I will try to make you the spell :p

Edit:
Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!!

I made the spell, it worked nice, there was only one thing wrong, and i just saved the map and my PC crashed... now it gives me an error and i cant open it. Fuck!

Mby you can open it:
View attachment BlinkBlink.w3x
If you can't tell me and I'll make another one, now that i know how =D

And i must say it looked pretty cool =D
Is it wrong if it deals 2xagility damage?

It makes me so pissed off! grr I mean i made a nice spell and now its fucked up!

Last edited:
Level 5
dammit i cant open it too ^^

EDIT: btw could you do that the attacked unit will be moved instantly behind the attacking unit ? It would make it look very cool! and with the bonus agi dmg i will set it later

Last edited:
Sure, I'll try =D

Edit:

I'm having problems with setting the level too D:
It works, but sometimes it fucks up(it blinks him 2x insted of only once) and than it sets the ability to level 1... So now i need to figure out, how to make it that he wont blink 2x D:
And here it is if you want to kill your brains too =D
View attachment PassiveBlinkStrike.w3x

Edit2:

Man my head will blow up...
I'll just give you a sudgestion:
Make it without cooldown and with really low chance like
-2% on lvl1
-4% on lvl2
-6% on lvl3
Because i can't figure out how to set the level when the whole things fucks up..

Edit3:

Here i like this one much more:
View attachment PassiveBlinkStrike.w3x
And make it that deals some more damage on each level
(note the first map i attached here is fucked up now D:)

Last edited:
Level 5
Thank you i changed few things in your spell making it just like i like it to have! +rep (already gave) xD

Status
Not open for further replies.