• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

adding abilities to items by trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
with the latest patches we got a lot of new functions to use, one of them is
"Item - For Item: X, Add Ability: Y"
yet when try this the item stays empty - i'm only adding item abilities, the item has no abilities on default, yet when i add the +1 strength item ability and pick up the item i get no + strength

anyone knows how to get it working or is this function simply broken atm?

EDIT: after some testing with fellow mappers we found out that if you give the abilities to units directly and change the abilities field values (to +1 armor on lvl 1) you need to change the abilities level to 2 and back to 1 to make the ability "refresh", without no changes to the stats of the hero would be applied
yet that doesnt work on attribute bonuses based on item abilities, hero ability "all attributes" does work when "refreshed"

we assume the same things to happen on items, the issue is that you cannot change an item abilities level

anyone know a solution maybe?

Last edited:
Level 8
yet when try this the item stays empty - i'm only adding item abilities, the item has no abilities on default, yet when i add the +1 strength item ability and pick up the item i get no + strength

EDIT: after some testing with fellow mappers we found out that if you give the abilities to units directly and change the abilities field values (to +1 armor on lvl 1) you need to change the abilities level to 2 and back to 1 to make the ability "refresh", without no changes to the stats of the hero would be applied
yet that doesnt work on attribute bonuses based on item abilities, hero ability "all attributes" does work when "refreshed"

we assume the same things to happen on items, the issue is that you cannot change an item abilities level

anyone know a solution maybe?

I found that some spells are zero indexed. For example, adjust the damage on a spell at level 1, had to be done by adjusting the damage at level 0, because that's actually level 1... confusing stuff...

Did you account for this?

The item has to be carried when you use that action/native.

Status
Not open for further replies.