• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Adding a non homing projectile effect to attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I seriously wonder if there is anyone capable of knowing something that Maker doesn't know :p

Anyway back on topic I think that the projectiles for the orbs' attack index are hard-coded as the range, speed, arc and homing capability are the same for each orb type. Therefore you will need a projectile system if you want to trigger a non-homing, customizable version.

This is just my own idea so of course I could be wrong.

Level 37
Seems that I SOLVED this by using Flak Cannons or Fragmentation Shards. Thanks for the replies.

Did you check the item's abilities?

Yes.

How about Orb of Darkness with equipped ability? such as cluster rockets,though the damage won't be customizable >.<

I tried many many abilities, just couldn't find one. Cluster Rockets is an active ability so not sure about how that would work.

you can set the orb of fire ability to non homing or change the unit's data homing missile enabled to false

It will still be homing.

Status
Not open for further replies.