• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding a Hero Glow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was working on a map where I have imported units and have used units available in the normal editor. The only problem is that some of the units I have used don't have a glow like the normal heroes.
I looked at the model that was made for this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/heroglow-129462/?prev=search=hero%20glow&d=list&r=20
Attached it to the models I was using, however it will only glow red. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this problem or knew how to change the model to fix it seeing as the owner of the model even said something about it not changing color in the new versions of Warcraft 3.
Any help would be great, thank you. :)

Add the glow with Special Effect on unit, attach the glow to the origin. Then change the unit color. If the unit is blue, change his color to blue, this will change the glow color.

Other way is create a dummy ability. I don't remember wich ability do the job. :/

But first method works.

Edit: rulerofiron99 answered fast.
Edit2: You don't need change to other color, change it to the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.