• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

absolute crash down :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
guys ive been making a map for more than a year... everything was fine (more or less) but in the last versions of the map ive been having some not so rare problems

actually... it is 1 problem

at some random point in the lapse of the game (AoS type of map) on bnet the game starts to lag a bit for a few seconds and then all of the computers (no matter how fast or good or whatever they are) collapse... what do i mean?... well they all get stuck really bad (most just reboot coz dont know how to unstuck it... but not even ctrl+alt+supr nor windows key nor anything can minimize warcraft... actually i do press windows+up+up+enter+enter to suspend )

i want to know if there's anything a GUI guy can do to make such a problem into all of the pcs :S

i use widgetizer+MO in my map with the following options of widgetizer (Map Optimizer never game me any kind of troubles)

Widgetizer.jpg

dunno what can i be doing wrong... im not even deleting triggers coz it is supposed to cause stack problems... so i deleted every trigger deletion line

Plz help

Level 4
Are you using the newest version of the Widgetizer?

Maybe check all but "Destructables", "Doodads", "Remove Unused Destructables", "Remove Unused Doodads", and "Custom Key Restraint"

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Caused by an infinate loop in your map. Check your trigger coding, some trigger must be firing an undifined number of times a second at that point.

Multi core processors like dual, quad or oct do not lock up with that on vista in my experince and you can easily alt tab.

Level 11
@chaoslord301 yep... i do have the last version of widgetizer and MO

@DSG it cant be an infinite loop DSG coz ive done some in the past by mistake and those close your warcraft without error message or anything, they just make a noise and thats it... no more warcraft for you... this is completely different it just laggs everything up but music still plays in the background o_O ... your PC is normal but warcraft is jammed like hell :S

this gots me completely clueless :(

Level 5
@DSG it cant be an infinite loop DSG coz ive done some in the past by mistake and those close your warcraft without error message or anything, they just make a noise and thats it... no more warcraft for you... this is completely different it just laggs everything up but music still plays in the background o_O ... your PC is normal but warcraft is jammed like hell :S
This is only an infinite loop in one thread. If it is a 'multi thread' loop, it will lock up

Level 11
but i cant think of it as a loop, coz the game is so repetitive ...

i mean... all skills were learned used and re-used

all of the events have already happen in the game (like a tournament and things like that) hummm... but ill check if there is something else ... something in the reward after winning those tournaments

if i find anything ill post it here ^^

thy

Level 11
guys sry for the double post... but i need to bump coz i have a doubt...

is there a chance that this can be caused by removing* an undroppable item from a leaver's hero inventory? (by leaver i mean a player who has left the game whos hero has an undroppable item on its inventory)

* Actually with the action "remove item" not "drop item from inventory slot X"

Level 19
clean all other checks but first 7
I dont say check all first 7 clean some of them too
like only check unit and abilities

Level 11
ive been reading the readme.txt file in widgetizer so i checked all the options, i thought, wouldnt mess up triggers... and according to what vexorian said you should widgetize units, items, abilities and upgrades (coz he said that all of the other options mess up the map in some way)... i widgetized buffs because for a minimum amount of space i couldnt make it less than 4Mb... and at that time widgetizing buffs (the lesser of all evils) i achieved less than 4Mb...

i posted the thing about the undroppable item coz if you drop via triggers an undroppable item (actually it drops) and another unit picks it up... then the game collapses (i dont know if it was because of the undroppability of it, or because it was an ability upgrade item... like aganims in dota if im not wrong)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What can happen with items is you make some trigger system whereby it falls into an infinite loop. This usually happens because people are not aware that items added or dropped in some ways via triggers causes some item events to fire, thus resulting in more of the same happening in a never ending cycle.

I would advise checking over your triggers making sure that none of that can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.