• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Abilty/trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok idk if i should us an abilty or trigger for this....

I need it so when this unit casts this ability on another unit it takes it (and the unit its cast on) to the battle area on the map.

I have what i might use as a trigger for it, but it only moves the casting unit and not also the unit being casted on:

• Summon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Charge!
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Battle side 1 <gen>)

can anyone help?

i will +rep

Level 4
Is this what you're looking for? TempPoint is a variable of the type Point, by the way.

• Summon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Center of (Battle side 1 <gen>))
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to TempPoint
      • Unit - Move (Target unit of ability being cast) instantly to TempPoint
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Level 3
Is this what you're looking for? TempPoint is a variable of the type Point, by the way.

• Summon
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Center of (Battle side 1 <gen>))
      • Unit - Move (Target unit of ability being cast) instantly to TempPoint

yea thanks but how do i make it so u can use an abilty on invulnerable unit?

i already +rep :D

Level 4
What spell are you basing it off of? Some of them do stupid things when other fields are changed, even when the Targets Allowed field seems perfectly normal.

And, to clarify, the ONLY three things that you have checked on the ability are Enemy, Invulnerable, and Vulnerable, right?

Level 3
at first i used mass teleport, that didnt work then i tried life drain and nether worked... and the units are heros if that makes any diffrence.

i have enemy,invulnerable,vulnerable and hero checked.

is there a certian spell i should use?

Level 4
Are you still using Life Drain? Make sure that you set it so that it drains a tiny bit of health, .01 works, because if you set it to drain 0 health, it bugs.

Level 3
ok i got the ability! i had damage set to 0... now though it only teleports the caster and its not teleporting the unit being casted on. i copied the trigger exact. unless the variables are arrays?

Level 8
Try basing it off Finger off Death and setting it dmg to 0. It's the simplest Instant Unit-targeted spell you can use :)

Also, i can't see where QirajiLord fails, it looks perfect. Maybe is Life Drain, i already had some strange issues with it. Try FoD.

Level 3
Try basing it off Finger off Death and setting it dmg to 0. It's the simplest Instant Unit-targeted spell you can use :)

Also, i can't see where QirajiLord fails, it looks perfect. Maybe is Life Drain, i already had some strange issues with it. Try FoD.

should i use hero FoD or unit FoD(neutral)? or does it not matter?

Level 3
tried both and the unit casting went where he was suppose to but the one being casted on didnt move UHGGGG

Level 3
I GOT IT!

it wasnt the ability it was the trigger

it should be:

• Summon
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Center of Battle side 1 <gen>)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Charge!! (Neutral Hostile)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Target unit of ability being cast) instantly to (Center of Battle side 2 <gen>)
        • Else - Actions
but thanks alot QirajiLord i could have done it without you im defently puting u in credits :D

Status
Not open for further replies.