• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Abillity Transfer Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Helloe im not going to waste my breath so ill be quick. I want a unit to disapear then his abillity will go onto a until that is created over its corps. For example i want a paladin with abillity of blizzard and of level 5 to be removed and as a reaction a archmage will spawm lover the paladins position with paladins spells and of level 5.:confused:

Level 6
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Paladin
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Dying unit) with a Archmage using The new unit's default life and mana
      • Hero - Set (Last replaced unit) Hero-level to (Hero level of (Dying unit)), Hide level-up graphics
      • Unit - Add Blizzard to (Last replaced unit)
That's how I understood your question. If you need anymore help, let us know.

Level 9
Yes i do need some more help. I would of known how to do that, what i meen is for example: A peon sell the blizzard ability as an item. I know how to add the ability but i want to know how to transfer it then. So sometimes the paladin might of brought the spell and it will be transferred, and when he doesnt there is no ability trasfer. Like Paladin has a item of type booboo mask. I can use a if/then/else trigger but when i want to make a condition for a abillity it only comes out as (Last learn Abillity)

Level 6
Have you tried using variables with an array? Make a trigger that makes each ability used in the map to be set with a certain variable array, and then you can just give the unit that ability.

For Example Set Ability [1] = Blizzard

Then give the unit Ability [1] etc,

Hope this helps!

Level 9
Im working on it, but to save time may you (pro) show me the trigger pls becuase i will have to spend hours to find the right trigger.

More help. For example in fantasy life you have white mage skills, then you equipt a oak staff and obviously its a new unit, the new unit has the white mage skills. Get what i meen. ?
Please i really need dis.

Level 6
Sort of. So you want a unit to acquire an item and then you want the unit that acquired the item to become a new unit with different abilities?

Create a new variable - make it an ability variable, with an array.

• Events
    • Map initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set ability[1] = Blizzard
    • Set ability[2] = Summon Water Elemental
    • Set ability[3] = Brilliance Aura
You can do this for as many abilities as you want.

Now when you replace a unit, give it the variables you want and it will give it the abilities you set. Maybe this will help.

Last edited:
Level 9
No. Paladin is at level 5. heres storyline Palidin goes to a skillset centre. the centre sells 5 spells. The paladin chooses blizzard. Then the paladin decides he wants to be a necrmancer. So he goes to the armoury and buys a necromancer robe+staff. Then he equipts it and turns into a necromancer. With same items, level 5 and with the blizzard spell.

Please may you show me da trigger i need.

Level 6
Ok I understand better now, give me just a minute and ill post the trigger.

• Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Mindstaff
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Robe of the Magi +6
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Robe of the Magi +6) Equal to True
              • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Mindstaff) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace (Hero manipulating item) with a Archmage using The new unit's default life and mana
          • Hero - Set (Last replaced unit) Hero-level to (Hero level of (Hero manipulating item)), Hide level-up graphics
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
Heres things to note
*I used random items, so you will want to use your own items where the robe of the magi and mindstaff are.

*I also used random heroes so you'll have to change those too

*When you replace a unit, the items are automatically transferred.

*If the level of the Hero isn't set to the right level after he is replaced, let me know, I already have a solution.

Level 6
Here's The Triggers for the spell transfer.

• WhenTheUnitGainsAbility
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Blizzard(Item)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Blizzard to (Hero manipulating item)
      • Set AbilityBoolean[1] = True
  • Completed Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Mindstaff
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Robe of the Magi +6
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Robe of the Magi +6) Equal to True
              • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Mindstaff) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace (Hero manipulating item) with a Archmage using The new unit's default life and mana
          • Hero - Set (Last replaced unit) Hero-level to (Hero level of (Hero manipulating item)), Hide level-up graphics
            • If - Conditions
              • AbilityBoolean[1] Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Blizzard to (Last replaced unit)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • AbilityBoolean[2] Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Add Summon Water Elemental to (Last replaced unit)
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
You would need a Boolean set for all 5 of the abilities that the paladin can buy, and then just put them all into the if/then/else like I did.

Level 9
THX SO MUCH M8 ! ill use trigger tomorrow ! +rep from your friend ultra-x

And one more question: i want dis for a multiplayer map, if i used that trigger, will that boolean count for that player only ?

And also, if i just purchased the 2nd spell and transfer into the new unit, the 1st spell comes out as well, or replaces the 2nd one. Please i need a bit more infomation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.