• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability require another ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
yo how would i make an ability require another ability? like say i made an ability "Arm Bash" thats like dragon knights dragon tail ability, but i also have an ability called "Rock Arm" which adds armor. How would i make it so you had to learn "Rock Arm" before you could learn "Arm Bash"???? :con:

Level 27
One option is to create a dummy unit, meaning it has no attack, no movement, no shadow, has the abilities locust and invulnerability, and has the tree of life upgrade ability as its model. Then do:
  • Events
    • Hero - A Hero Learns an Ability
  • Conditions
    • Hero - Ability being learned is equal to Rock Arm
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 DummyRockArm for Owner of Triggering Unit at Center of Playable Map Area facing Default building Facing
Note: It leaks.
Finally, set your techtree requisites for Arm Bash to DummyRockUnit.
If you want, you can make a periodic trigger that checks whether or not the Hero has Rock Arm or not (in the case of wanting to use Tomes of Retraining), and if it doesn't, then remove the dummy unit. However, note this will only work if one type of the hero is on the map per player, or else once one learns it they can all use Arm Bash.

Off-topic, but be sure to introduce yourself to the hive!
--donut3.5--

Level 6
you can not reduce the level of an upgrade. only increase.

f you want, you can make a periodic trigger that checks whether or not the Hero has Rock Arm or not (in the case of wanting to use Tomes of Retraining), and if it doesn't, then remove the dummy unit.
luckily, there is "unit uses an item" event that makes that even simpler and without periodic checking...

Level 19
There is a MUCH better way to do it you know the ability that improves other abilities
It doesnt improve them it changes them add a rockarm ability with the ability Im talking about (2nd ability of Tinker dont remember its name)
Well make normal Arm Bash passive useless ability and make armrock changes arm bash into a close ranged storm bolt ability It changes whole and make icon of normal arm bash disabled I hope you know how to do it

OR use donut3.5's way

Status
Not open for further replies.