• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
After some testing in the map, ive had a couple of problems.

1. Buffs-
- ive got a skill based off spiked carapace and it has those spikes that come out, ive removed the "attachment point- origin" and it still shows. Same with unholy aura is there a way to remove the visual? i did the same to this skill.
- Ive got a spell based on berserk, (the buff is red hands and a noise" however this only works for the units based off the knight, not the ones based off the footman, kinda annoying.

2. A few unit/hero abilities are based off item abilities and there is no icon. Do i need to trigger one or is there a fix? i made sure to check the visible box.

3. An ability i have based on "Battle Roar" simply wont work. i can click it many times and nothing will happen.

Thanks in advance if you know anything or can direct me to a known page.

Level 7
1, I don't believe you can remove the spiked carapace attachment, but it only appears on certain models and not on other ones. However you can probably create a trigger that removes it.

2, Unfortunately, there's no way to fix this directly. What I have read however is that you can set up the engineering upgrade ability as a hero ability and the invisible ability as a normal ability that is upgraded by the engineering upgrade ability, I'm not sure if this works since I haven't yet tried it. But - I've made an ultimately from engineering upgrade that upgrades an empty spellbook (positioned at 0, -11 to make it invisible) into a spellbook with 3 different passives and this works fine, and it looks like the engineering upgrade grants the hero this passive abilities.

3, I don't know what happened there, you need to double check this.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
I don't understand your problem at all...
First of all, spiked carapace doesn't even have attachment point - origin as default, so it doesn't even seem like you're talking about this ability in first place.
You basically can solve the buffs with removing attachment points of the ability AND buffs. Obviously the default berserk won't work for footman, it doesn't have 2 weapons... so just modify the target attachment points and its total number, can't be easier than that.
2 - Then make a dummy ability (a passive ability) and make it have no effect and just add it to the unit so you can see the icon and text.
3 - Post the ability.

Level 12
1. Buffs-
- ive got a skill based off spiked carapace and it has those spikes that come out, ive removed the "attachment point- origin" and it still shows. Same with unholy aura is there a way to remove the visual? i did the same to this skill.
It could be that removing the spikes from the original ability fixes it, similar to how every custom carrion swarm ability uses the effect from the dreadlord's carrion swarm.

Could be wrong, but it should be worth a try at least.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
It could be that removing the spikes from the original ability fixes it, similar to how every custom carrion swarm ability uses the effect from the dreadlord's carrion swarm.

Could be wrong, but it should be worth a try at least.
Confirmed, The original spiked carapace buff overrides any others based on it. Apparently it is this much hardcoded. Keep in mind the buff could appear in any model, you just need to insert the correct attachment names.
In unholy aura you can change and it works.

Level 5
Thanks for the help. I was able to fix the aura, but thats the only one haha. Ill probably just make a new ability for one based off roar and see how that does.

As for the spiked carapace ill probably just try a new one based off spiked shell or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.