• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ability problem please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Well this is my first post.First i want to say i don't undarstand very good english..Now can you tell me how to take ability from one map and give it to another map.Because when i move this ability in another map the ability don't have the effect that was in the old map.Please tell me how to do that the ability have the efect when it was in the old map...If you undarstand something of that what i say thank you very much.If i'm in the wrong topic please delete this post when someone answer me pls.

Level 18
You've posted in this in the wrong forum, you're much more likely to get help in the World Editor Help Zone, so I'll move this thread for you. I understand you don't speak English very well, but try to post things in the right forum.

Level 4
Please be a little more clear.

Is the ability that you're trying to move a triggered spell? As in, does it use JASS or GUI triggers to make it do something?

If it does, you need to copy the trigger itself, copy the original ability, and copy any dummy units and abilities that the spell might include (make sure that in Preferences -> General, the box called 'Automatically create unknown variables when pasting trigger data' is on).

Then you need to go to the Object Editor, turn on 'Display Values as Raw Data' (it's in one of the menus), and find the Raw ID of the spells, abilites, and whatever else you copied. Then go back to the trigger and change the IDs found there to the ones from the Object Editor.

Sorry if this was hard to understand. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.