• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability Cap Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Okay, I really need this, its basically the limited abilities each hero on the map can have, and since heroes learn their abilities through vendors, (buys an item, item is a tome and dispears, learns the ability, and everytime you buy that item the next time(s) it'll level that ability up.

I want each hero to have 5 regular abilities that go from levels 1 to 15(and unable to learn any other ability but can still level their own abilities up), and 1 ultimate spell that levels up from 1 to 5, I want it so your hero can only have 1 ultimate spell, and cannot learn any other ultimates.

So 5 regular spells and 1 ultimate spell for each hero.

This is how heros learn spells:

• Water Style Crushing Water Wave Jutsu
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to Water Style: Crushing Water Wave Jutsu
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Water Style for (Buying unit)) Equal to 1
          • (Level of Water Style: Crushing Water Wave Jutsu for (Buying unit)) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Water Style: Crushing Water Wave Jutsu to (Buying unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Water Style: Crushing Water Wave Jutsu for (Buying unit) to ((Level of Water Style: Crushing Water Wave Jutsu for (Buying unit)) + 1)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Water Style: Crushing Water Wave Jutsu for (Buying unit)) Equal to 15
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Add 100 to (Owner of (Buying unit)) Current gold
              • Player - Add 1 to (Owner of (Buying unit)) Current lumber
              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads You've learned the ... at (Position of (Selling unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
              • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
              • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 4.00 seconds
              • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Earth Style for (Buying unit)) Equal to 1
                • Then - Actions
                  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads You don't meet the ... at (Position of (Selling unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                  • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 4.00 seconds
                  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Fire Style for (Buying unit)) Equal to 1
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads You don't meet the ... at (Position of (Selling unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Level of Lightning Style for (Buying unit)) Equal to 1
                        • Then - Actions
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Level of Wind Style for (Buying unit)) Equal to 1
                            • Then - Actions
                            • Else - Actions
The passive elemental types just makes it so any other elemental types can't learn water type abilities.

Oh and put this onto a map, I prefer GUI so thank you!

Level 1
I need it so the hero can't buy anymore other abilities once the hero is maxed out on abilities, which are 6 abilities.

The only thing I need is so the gold and lumber will refund if the hero is maxed out on abilities, that, and I need it so your hero can only learn 1 Ultimate Ability.

Level 1
Okay, in this map, your character will have a spell book that replaces your red cross ability learning.

6 more ability slots are still empty.

5 empty slots are for regular abilities.

The last empty slot is for the heroes ultimate ability.

I want it so when your hero already has all 6 abilities filled in the slots, whatever other ability you try to learn it'll refund the players gold and lumber back.

Also, I need it so your hero can only have 1 ultimate ability, and if your hero trys to learn another ultimate, it'll just refund your gold and lumber and your hero won't learn it.

Hopefully this helps.

Level 1
Whats an MPI trigger?

And I don't see the point of "the trigger can't used by 2 or more player without bugging" and "it makes any number of player can use the system". ?

I want this trigger to refund money back if the hero has his ability slots taken up, and for each hero to have a limited of 1 ultimate ability.

Level 1
Hell yeah, i've been at this map since january, not many people are helping me with it though because they probably think i'll get bored of it and stop making it.

I'm not sure how to create a multi-player-instance although.

And a MPI isn't what I asked for, I asked for refunding money if ability slots are already filled up and heroes only get 1 ultimate ability.

Level 33
@rysnt11
Why do you need to modify the trigger when the trigger can already support MPI ?
It's a single trigger, everything happens in a single trigger, will be called as either MUI/MPI because they are treated as local variable.

Level 17
Itatchi just add a count - For every time osmone buys an abillity . Then a condition on each one if Count = 5 Reject it.
Make the count increase by 1 every time abil is bought but not upgraded

Level 17
Its not a trigger its a system..
First create a variable array called Count

Then for everytime somone buys a new abillity Add one to count
Then add
If then else
If Count integer =5
Then Show message (You have max normal abils)
Else do actions

Count should be an array of 11 So you can do owner of unit -1 for everyplayer up to 12. That is an arithmatic function you can find easilly. While the IF then else is the first few on All function list. So is set variable

Level 1
I'm not sure how i'm supposed to do this, i've already have item buying abilities through triggers, can you show me through a trigger script Bramble?

Level 17
  • Event: A unit aquires an item
  • Condition: Item Class=Abillitylevelup //Have a specific class for abillity level ups ^^ only
  • Action:
  • If:Count>5
  • Then: Remove manipulated item
  • Else:
  • IF Item being manipulated=item1
  • Then:
  • If Triggeringunit does not have Abillity [1]
    • Then: Remove Abillity Fake abillity [Count]
      • Add Abillity [1]
        • Set Count[Playernumberofowneroftriggeringunit]= Count[playernumberoftriggerunit]+1
  • Else: Remove Manipulated item
    • Give Playerowneroftriggeringunit X gold X wood
  • Else: If: Item being manipulated=Item2
  • Then: If: Unit does not have abillity[2]
  • Remove abillity fake abillity [count]
    • Add abillity [2]
  • If: Triggering unit does not have abillity level [2]
    • Then: Set count[player numberofherofowneroftriggerunit]= Count+1
  • Etc
  • Remove manipulated item

Etc: For all abillities.

And The init
  • Event: Map init
  • Condition:
  • Action: Set item[1]=Item X
    • Set item [2]= Item Y
  • //ETc
Note if the abillities also level up when bought then make conditions on first if/then/else
to

Add to end the If liek this

• Event: A unit aquires an item
  • Condition: Item Class=Abillitylevelup //Have a specific class for abillity level ups ^^ only
  • Action:
  • IF: Manipulated item=Item[1]
  • THEN:IF: level of abillity of Abillity[1] for triggeringunit >0 and level of abillity of Abillity[1] for triggeringunit <[Maxlevel]//Max level userdefined -- X a variable u must input info to change
  • Then:Set Levelofabillity[1]= level of abillity[1]for triggering unit +1
  • Else: IF: COUNT[PLAYERNUMBEROWNEROFTRIGGERINGUNIT]<6
  • Then: Give triggeringunit abillity[1]
    • Remove Fakeabil [count]
  • Else: Give player X gold
  • Give Player x wood
  • Show message: You cannot have more than 5 standard abils
  • Else: IF Manipulated item =item[2]
  • //Etc
This can just be done with a Integer/loop to speed it up

But yeh ^^

Status