• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Abilities castable while Banished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey!

Is the difference of spells and skills hardcoded into the engine? I have the ability Banish in my map, which should allow units to cast spells. So I have this ability that really should always be castable. It is based on Taunt and turns out it's not castable while banished. Is there a way to change this or do I have to base my ability of something else which is count as a spell? Is there a list of which abilities are count as spells (thus castable while banished) and which are skills (or whatever, something not-spell)?

Is the difference of spells and skills hardcoded into the engine?
Yes hardcoded, except for channel here you can choose: be it spell or skill.

if you are in the newest version of warcraft 3 you could use the disableAbility action to making it unit specific immune to 1 disable.
Side effect that would also make it castable while beeing doomed etc.
  • Unit - For Unit, Ability Taunt, Disable ability: False, Hide UI: False
But a simple solution would be to use a other base spell.

Level 9
Yes hardcoded, except for channel here you can choose: be it spell or skill.

if you are in the newest version of warcraft 3 you could use the disableAbility action to making it unit specific immune to 1 disable.
Side effect that would also make it castable while beeing doomed etc.
  • unit.gif
    Unit - For Unit, Ability Taunt, Disable ability: False, Hide UI: False

But a simple solution would be to use a other base spell.

Interesting. I'll look into that.

Level 9
Well now that you mentioned the silence, I have also the ability ”Silence” in use, which in turn disables spells. Is there perhaps a non-targettable auto-cast-on-click (like Taunt) ability for dummy ability that is not disabled by either one, Banish or Silence? Otherwise I might have to try undisabling the ability via trigger after all anyways. The trigger might also allow casting of the said ability under influence of Hex and Polymorph? I have a workaround for those atm, but allowing the spell (or physical ability *cough* :D) to be cast would be great.

Damn, why can’t there just be an event ”Command card button is clicked”.. >.<

Last edited:
The trigger might also allow casting of the said ability under influence of Hex and Polymorph?
It does, but only against 1 "silence" if an unit suffers more it is disabled. one could do the action multiple times to be immune to more silences at the same time.

Damn, why can’t there just be an event ”Command card button is clicked”.. >.<
For abilities this is starts channeling. Thats before cast point nor casting time where taken in.

Level 9
It does, but only against 1 "silence" if an unit suffers more it is disabled. one could do the action multiple times to be immune to more silences at the same time.

That shouldn’t be a problem in my map.

For abilities this is starts channeling. Thats before cast point nor casting time where taken in.

Yeah. Though that still has the problem that the ability has to actually be cast.

But thanks for the help! :) I’ll try that undisabling via a trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.