• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

A way to make items not require inv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok so I have stuff set up around my map like telleporters and the duel arena for example. And they are basically set up as shops so that when the player buys a certain items (e.g teleport) then it will teleport them automatically to the area.

I have all that done and working. But I have 1 problem. Inventory space. How do I make it so these items do not require the inventory space for the teleport or duel item to move them?

If anyone could help it'd be much appreciated... And if you need more info I will be more then happy to explain more just ask what u need explained.

Level 14
Right, so from what I gather, the teleporters are like neutral buildings that sell dummy items and triggers cause the movement etc from there.

Another method instead would be to give the neutral buildings sellable units (like mercenary camps) and then run the triggers from there instead. Remove the purchased unit after it is bought and voila, you have basically the same effect - but now you don't need inventory.

Many maps use this method of purchasing units as dummies for things like stackable items - as it lets you buy the "item" even when inventory is full and runs triggers from there on to give additional charges to the relevant item.

EDIT: Or as Dr Super Good said, you can use Runes/Tomes also. Though I think they require an inventory to pick up and use. With no inventory at all, unit hiring works.

Status
Not open for further replies.