• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A thread for very simple/basic questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I was thinking, why not have a thread for simple questions instead of making whole threads? Questions like 'where is the Sound editor', 'where is the mutalisk', 'where is the set Life trigger' and some very basic.

I for one have 2 simple questions:

- How do I change a unit's life and energy values if placed on the map? Is this even existing?
- Where are the upgrades and where can I set a specific Player to have some upgrades researched?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
1. Via triggers, you can alter the units life in every way via them. Just run one at map into to alter it in the way you want.

2. In the data editor. Look and see how they are set up. Eg look at the marine shoulder shield and stuff. To pre research them you will have to use trigger code like you did in WC3.

Level 22
No no I mean is it really, you can;t click a unit placed on the map to select what % to be its life and energy? Wow that's amazing.

And I meant making some upgrades researched for specific players, there is no techtree like war3? Indeed amazing. Ok Thx though I Will see what i can do though not having these is weirding me out

Level 4
This thread is a bad idea it reduced tje usability of google to be used to find answers to questions. Keeping basic questions all in a forum I could support as that keeps questions in a well organized easily indexed and seperate threads searchable by relavance.

Status
Not open for further replies.