• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

A tasty Ice Cream Bar joins the hive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone my name is FrostyisdaKing or many other forums Frosty_King. I'm a mapmaker with some of my first maps on their way to being finished. my specialites are unit creation/abilities, terrain, concepts, storyline and character analysis.

My current projects are:
Critter Wars-An aos based map with tons of cute and cuddly critters killing each other. Has 4 teams with a spellmaster on each team who can cast spells to damage enemy bases, heal troops etc. Spellmasters add alot of chaos to the gameplay :) currently 80% done

Therafrost RPG- a singleplayer RPG with a haunting storyline, featuring music from American McGee's Alice

Siege of the Damned, my first map of work this is undergoing a series of major changes to update its quality. Its an AOS/TD/RPG all in one with capturable spawn points, the demon team can summon demons from the nether world by means of summoning. Curretnly it has 28 heroes with custom abilities that fill up the level 50 hero max and with colored text. An advanced use of elements which you pick at the beginning of the game and it determines the towers you can pick, the spells your spell well can cast and can benefit your hero if they're of that same element! THis map is aroud 45% done.

The only map i've finished is an RPG/AOS based map which i've masterfully terrained and is actually open for anyone who wants to use it as their own. I was making it for someone and then they mysteriously vanished... so I finished the terrain but have nothing to do with it. Please do not use the map for your own uses until you get the ok from me. I dont care if you download this map to take a look at it. I just dont want to have 5 people with teh same terrained map curse at each other on bnet. OK Thats all!

ONe last thing i am looking for a lich drake model. Its a lich like dragon that was apparently on wc3sear at one time. Its an awesome model and i would really like to have that model in my Siege of the Damned map if any of you have it or know where i could find it please help me out! ty!

Attachments

• Map.w3x
    95.8 KB · Views: 54
Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Welcome FrostyisdaKing. You are welcome to post your map in our Map Development forum (be sure to read the sticky threads). I will poke around and try to find the "lich like dragon" model (no promises on THAT).

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders (map and resource editors) of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 4
yes i am in WCM we've changed our clan name to WWM (world wide mappers) our clan is still being reorganized and we're now including SCII and Supreme Commander in our list mappin games. I'm not sure if we'll get our wc3branch back on bnet again. Right now supreme commander has pulled about 2/3 of our remaining active members into its modding. Theres only like 4 active wc3 mappers right now but we're readily accepting new members. ;-)\

heres a linky to our forums. http://clan-wcm.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.