• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A small request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
So for better or worse REFORGED os finally upon us. While it has its many issues, one thing is prevalent, there are A LOT of custom games being made right now and A LOT of people playing them. I can now host a game of gaias and it fills up in seconds. The issue however is this:

Gaias no longer works like it should with reforged. I've noticed at least 2-3 people desync now upon start of game since reforged came out which makes playing gaias near isyncing?

I know you have your reasons for not wanting to continue gaias, but can you at least please open up your editor and try to make a hotfix version allowing the map to be played in reforged without desyncing?

Edit: as a side note it looks like most people just play with classic graphics on reforge anyways and your models and terrain is likely better than the graphics on reforged still so the map holds up very well in that regard!

Last edited:
I sadly have no clue why they even desync in the first place. It must be one of the several dozen hacks i implemented over the years to workaround all the UI restrictions.

Does restarting the game still help fixing the desync?

All this is part of the reason why I want to start working on a new project.

Level 10
I dunno if it's true or not, but I've had more success with the Desyncs restarting my wc3 fresh before every play. Desyncing occurred before, but now that it's in reforged it seems way worse than it was. It's always at the start of the game and never during. upon loading 2-3 people usually desync right away. I'll try to gather some data on what might be triggering it

Level 3
Serious question, since I'm not that wel informed:

If you do a hotfix, does that transfer ownership to Blizzard? The ToS make that sound rather risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.