• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A small request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey! Hello, I want post here an small request, please make a Blood Mage that has animations as if he were using a sword. I will use it for an RPG-like map based on the history of the Blood Elves. Thanks.

Level 6
HerrDave has a "Myrddraal" model and it is exactly what you're looking for, an edited bloodmage with sword animations, but you'd need to ask him for permission to reskin it as it looks like a human/acolyte death knight

EDIT: you can try animation transfer with that model, using mdlvis Matrix Eater, if you're lucky it will be easy, but if you get a deformed monstrosity you have to ask someone to do it for you xd

Last edited:
Level 6
It's pretty easy to try, but it doesn't always result good, if you get HerrDave's permission i can try it for you (i have mdlvis Matrix Eater), but i don't promise a good result as i'm not a moddeler myself and i only know how to perform simple edits to models xD

What i have in mind is:

>Take the myrdraal model
>extract blood mage model from the MPQ
>transfer myrdraal's animations to the bloodmage model
>???(here we need luck lmao)
>profit!

EDIT: i was talking about Mdlvis, when i really meant Matrix Eater, but it's all the same, i'm trying to edit it now, HerrDave is a very chill guy i'm sure he will give you permission, if we don't do anything stupid like uploading our frankenstein i don't think he'll care, you have to give him credit for his model's animation in the credits of your map tho

Last edited:
Level 6
Question: do you need the bloodmage with a sword already on the model, or you want to attach weapons ingame?

Hey i'm sorry i failed miserably at it, i got a deformed monstrosity upon transfering the animations.

But i can give you the blizzard's blood mage model i extracted from the game files, maybe you can figure out yourself how to transfer the animations, or ask someone more skilled than me to do it for you

Bloodmage and Myrddraal models | HIVE

good luck

EDIT:
Alternatively, here is a RPG Blood Elf model created by Tenebrae:
RPGBloodElf
it doesn't have the cape but it has sword animations and you can attach weapons in game!!

Last edited:
Level 64
fl_deer-png.347192

Level 4
Yes, is what I said. He helped me, so I tried to give him +rep and this is how we end. Hahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.