• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A request for help editing a Lightsaber model (star wars)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to use http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...saber-rots-50230/?prev=search=obi&d=list&r=20 in my project I'm currently working on but I don't want it to have teamcolour. I want to edit this model so that it has 12 individual colour versions (one lightsaber colour for each team colour in wc3). I want this so that the jedi or sith in my map can have a different colour saber in each hand (for example, red in right hand, purple in left).

So if someone could please give me instructions on how to remove the team colour from the lightsaber that would be a tremendous help!!!

Level 22
Get yourself MDX Pather (on the tools section)
Open the file, change 'Replaceable ID 2' to 'ReplaceableTextures\TeamGlow\TeamGlow00.blp' 00 is red, 01 is blue and so on.
Or you can convert the model to .mdl using MDLX converter and open it in notepad. Search 'replaceableid 2' and replace with the glow path like above.

Level 4
Okay thank you I think I am on the right track. I have replaced 'replaceableId 2' with 'ReplaceableTextures\TeamGlow\TeamGlow01.blp'. Now do I need to convert the .mdl back to .mdx?

EDIT: when i tried to convert the .mdl back to .mdx I get "Line 40: Unexpected in a Bitmap chunk' what does that mean?? and how can I overcome it?

Level 4
@-Peper- Thank you for taking the time to do this mate. I was testing and the model did not show up in-game... I'm not quite sure what is the problem ?

@vlekjje5 I don't think this is that simple - I wish it were! The actual model needs to be changed to whatever colour, then it won't have teamcoulor in-game and a unit may have more than one coloured lightsaber in each hand.

Level 8
@-Peper- Thank you for taking the time to do this mate. I was testing and the model did not show up in-game... I'm not quite sure what is the problem ?

@vlekjje5 I don't think this is that simple - I wish it were! The actual model needs to be changed to whatever colour, then it won't have teamcoulor in-game and a unit may have more than one coloured lightsaber in each hand.

idk good its solved, but what i ment is just make multiple units in object editor using it.... all unit that ahves tha model gets another teamcolor .....
idk, goods its solved and usefull that a model was made for it ....
:)
bye bye....

Status
Not open for further replies.