• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A plea for help (model edit request)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Hive

With the introduction of Reforged we have also gotten an update to the Classic game graphics, also known as 'SD' graphics. This broke a lot of models I use for various terraining techniques, and now looks really bad in game.

Is there any way at all to restore them to their former glory? I am attaching screenshots of how they looked before, and how they look in SD. I ask on my own, and probably many other current/future terrainers behalf to please take a look at the models and make them look decent in SD graphics too.

Screenshot (SD) - Screenshot (Old)

The spider web looks way too thick in SD. It's supposed to be semi transparent, thin and light. Not thick and bright white.

The glow is supposed to be a lot more transparent, not like thick fog.

The light ray is kind of self explanatory. It got messed up real bad by SD.

The clouds are mostly fine, but they look somewhat different. It's not that important if they don't look the same.

Attachments

• Cloudx-blend.mdx
    3.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Glow.mdx
    1.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Light Rays1.mdx
    2.7 KB · Views: 27
  • LightRays.blp
    11.2 KB · Views: 21
  • od_web.blp
    24.5 KB · Views: 20
  • od_web0.mdx