• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A newbie looking for some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello fellow gamers!
I am relatively new to the Warcraft community (roughly 15 mins ago) and I am trying to create a new game mode using the WC3 World Editor. As I've mentioned, I am a complete beginner with using the World Editor. I'm looking for a good Samaritan(s) to help me get started with learning the Editor. Any helpful tips, resources or advice would be hugely appreciated. The key to making this game mode I have imagined means that I have to have a good understanding of the trigger system, so heavy emphasis on that. I thank anyone who took the time out of their day to read this and possibly help :)

Level 39
Experiment, try what seems logical; most knowledge will come to you by mucking with things and seeing how it all actually works. When you get stuck: ask questions via forum posts, the discord, or PM-ing someone (you can send me PMs). There are many tutorials available here: WarCraft III Tutorials

As for triggers the two most important things you should know are:
Things That Leak
Visualize: Dynamic Indexing

Level 3
Hey Stefan,

My advise:

1. In order to understand the trigger system you first need to understand the Event / Condition / Action structure.
2. As soon as you got that, read through all the events, conditions and actions and play with it, just to understand the structure within those.
3. And then as soon as your curiosity is overwhelmed by impatience start with what Pyrogasm said.

Also you should know you will be very slow and ineffective.

I advise you using Evernote to type in everything you learned in seperate easy-to-find notes, because you wont remember everything and its the most frustrating thing to google for the same issue twice.

Have fun! (most important advise)

old_edge

Status
Not open for further replies.