• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A NEW TYPE OF RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ON the behalf of every member of my little programing team,

I am proudly to present this website with the first MASSIVE rpg map(s)

what we are doing so far is getting finished with the City of Fynn

so there after i am making plans for The Sleeping Forest.

I hope by wensday ill be done with that to move towards making (and finishing) the demo version of

Alta Uaron

the feutures will include

1:: 3 areas to explore on the world map
2:: 5 complete quests
3:: 2 playable heros (besides Daleron)
4:: 1 minor boss and 1 majore boss for a challenging start
5:: last but not least 1 majore puzzle to rack your brain on.

The rpg will have to be in the warcraft 3
campaign format. (unless you dont mind me putting every map in the same folder an sumbitting the folder but itll be bigger this way.:

As Being massive imean 1 game. in mutiple maps
however, this would be consider a campaign by some people.

but if youve noticed that in capmaigns wen you switch to the next level you can go back.

that is ware it differs.

my rpg you can go vertually anyware that you can reach. : )

lets..se.. oh yes!

i am not gpoing to resubmit the game until its completly finished

until then ill be realeasing better updates of the demo.

but dont get your hopes up. the demon will not reach game completion.

maby half of it if i think its nescessary.

tomarow i will reply to this thred to let you all know whats goin on.

until then. this is Velius speaking. and im off this topic for the night

--edit

the first demo will be realesed on friday i didnt look
at the date my bad

Level 2
y is it new you ask?

well from what ive seen in the rpgs ive dl from this site are all on 1 map and thets just getting old to me.

if u wanted a much much bigger world to explore. well i thought 1 day:

y not have several maps? each for each area

example
in ff games youll have started in a city well then eventually yu get to the world map.
the world map is 1 map.
if you want to enter a city your switched to the map with the city or area YOUVE ENTERED FROM THE WORLD MAP.ops srry capslock.

anyway this is going to be 1 very big rpg! except im haveing 1 difficulty. and thats how to import triggers. with out replacing the current ones.

can somone help me with this?

Level 3
Velius The Arch Devil said:
y is it new you ask?

well from what ive seen in the rpgs ive dl from this site are all on 1 map and thets just getting old to me.

example
in ff games youll have started in a city well then eventually yu get to the world map.
the world map is 1 map.
if you want to enter a city your switched to the map with the city or area YOUVE ENTERED FROM THE WORLD MAP.ops srry capslock.

anyway this is going to be 1 very big rpg! except im haveing 1 difficulty. and thats how to import triggers. with out replacing the current ones.

can somone help me with this?

Im doing something like that, a RPG based on 3 maps, 160x160 im doing it pretty well =] , you stole my idea making several maps for a game :x jk . mine gona be multiplayer at last =]

Level 3
N00byStance said:
Er... =.+ Multiplayer multi-map? =S Impossible i think :? Correct me if i'm wrong -.-"

not really, i mean, i will do a line story based on 3 maps, when you complete a map, you gona receive a code, then if you play the second map, you will write the code and continue the game,i was thinking about save/load system in the 3 maps, but it sounds too hard xD.

Level 3
Multiplayer won't be available i think because he makes it in campaign format so only singleplayer is possible. But only campaign makes it possible to play over several maps.

Zitat from Velius:
y is it new you ask?

Although if you make it over more than one maps its not new! Warcraft did it before you (official TFT Orc Campaign) and many more did it before you! And choosing a Hero in a Campaign-Type RPG isn't although new WOW Demo did it before you!

Level 3
I could suggest, beside save/load codes, that you only use game caches, and report your characters, setting your submaps and all as a next level of your campaign, as Blizzard has done with the campaign of Rexxar. Hero enters a region, and launches a trigger that saves its data and ports it to another map that is activated only by, for example, entering a gate...

Am I clear?

Level 2
Alright. You want multiple maps.

So, do you want this multiplayer?

You can make a multiple map multiplayer rpg, but it won't be like a campaign. You have to use save/load codes to move around. Theoretically, every map would have to have the same items, save/load code, heroes, and abilities, that the save/load code uses. That way, you can export a hero from map 1 to map 2, with all items intact. Even if an item can only be found on map 2, they could still bring it to map 1 and show it off or something.

If you want this single player, you use the campaign editor. You can store units in game cache, so you won't need to use any save/load code in the campaign. The campaign adds a whole new level of customization, but you can't make it multiplayer, which adds its own benefits.

So, think about what you want in your map. The same map single player will be nothing in multiplayer, and vice versa. You need to customize your map around the benefits singleplayer and multiplayer maps have to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.