• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A netease site with some free chinese models

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a netease site that shares some free chinese models. 网易艺匠
This site charged people few years ago but no one is stupid enough to pay, then netease made those models all free. You can download whatever you like, but I'm not sure about whether these models are game rips.
And you need to register a 163 email account first.

I recommend using some browser tools to translate the whole page.
If You're sure to download, follow these steps:

1、register
1.png

2.png

2、Find a model
3.png

3、 purchase (for ¥0)
4.png

5.png

6.png

4、Download
7.png

---------
U9 has lost its old resources, there're no so many free models now. Maybe only GA.

Last edited:
Definitely, they sell your maps and most resources from the Hive in general, without receiving any penalty or having repercussions.
You do really know about what happen in china. And they can easily edit the map and make themselves authors.
天天RPG says their are from GA and I'm not sure about it. And it's not a community, it's a company.

Their total net revenue last year was $10 billion. People are generally stupid enough to pay.
That's different. Only map studio would possibly buy those models , but they have a cheaper way -- hire a model maker to work (or rip games) for them.
Usually wc players pay for buying items from junk maps. Map studio get the money while netease platform takes a percentage.
And netease is a big company with other online game to make profit, wc3 is a small part. In fact it doesn't need to sell things, but it does, which is disgusting.

Last edited:
Level 12
Netease is one of the most malignant cancers of Warcraft III.
Sure, the server where almost all competitive players are playing and people who were organizing tournaments when Blizzard didn't care about this game is the cancer of W3.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Sure, the server where almost all competitive players are playing and people who were organizing tournaments when Blizzard didn't care about this game is the cancer of W3.
You're putting things out of context. Because people played Warcraft III there does not turn a blind eye on the fraud they've been and still are doing.
Also, needless to remind you of GameRanger, G-arena, Entgaming and of course Hiveworkshop, sites which kept Warcraft III alive all these years and all those streamers like Back2Warcraft, Grubby, WTii and so on.

Who cares about Netease? It's for Chinese players. The rest of the world is practically uninvited.
(How to create a NetEase email account help guide | Facebook) they know all about privacy too.
(Guide: How to play on Netease (Updated))

Level 2
There will be some heavy regulation in reforged based on my intel. So i'm not sure what blizz will do with maps that infringe copyrights. That being said China is last place you want to look for morality, lets be real about that.
I'm just curious that if you edit ripped models enough, will they actually fall into fair use.

Level 3
but they do a lot of content. Unlike the hive, there are many anime models, but here almost no one makes this content and uses very old models in anime cards. thanks to this campaign and platform, I was able to collect many models from maps.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
but they do a lot of content. Unlike the hive, there are many anime models, but here almost no one makes this content and uses very old models in anime cards. thanks to this campaign and platform, I was able to collect many models from maps.
You mean to say, they rip many models from other sources, not actually make original ones, right?

Level 3
They create their content there. only it is more expensive and many card creators cannot afford to buy a contract for this model. there the killer rider model from the anime fate costs $ 500 a year. Yes, and there is now a strict selection in the purchase of rights to models because people are constantly leaking them into the public domain. but such models will not pass to Netease cafe that were not purchased from the author

Status
Not open for further replies.