• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Metroid Series Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi my first request here, after me attempting to make my first hero model in Gmax (A metroid) I realized I'm awful at it. So I used a program I was familar with which was Rhino 4.0, I made one super quick that I liked and when I tried to convert the file type to the appropriate kind I found out that the conversion proccess is not smooth nor works correctly.

Soooo, if anyone could possibly assist me by making a hero model of a Metroid I would be VERY grateful! :cute: I would of course put a huge mention of your work in my map that I will use it in.

Here's a a screenshot of what I'd like it to look kinda of like from the Rhino program

FinalMetroid.jpg

And for the model, the animations I wanted were extrememly similar to how the metroids move in the Metroid Prime series. The sort of side to side sway they have would be perfect. And then maybe some glow to the body with some particles that float after it as it moves. Here, I'd recommend seeing this here to see how they are in the game go to 2:53 is where they show up it shows how they act.

Attack Animation- I would like 2 forms of attack, but both can be variations of a headbutt.

Spell/Channeling Animation- I would like the metroid to rear back and lean like in the video above

Death Animation- I would LOVE the death to be explosive as in the video

Move Animation- Movement matching the video would be great!

That's pretty much it! So if you're pretty good with modeling and animation please consider my request.

And thank you for reading and a huge early thanks to whoever decides to help!

Level 3
I will give a + to reputation to anyone who helps of course. Is anyone able to tackle this challenge? I haven't seen any Metroid series stuff on here before.

Level 3
I don't do models making but, what type of map are you making?

Well it's similar in fashion to the Tag maps, I.E. Kodo Tag, Bandit Tag, etc.

But mine differs in that your main builder is not just a builder, he's also a hero and you are able to choose your hero type in which each have a 1 unique special ability. So they can level up and be able to kill off the enemies that I spawn (Infernals).

There's one here.

Maybe it's what you're searching for.

Well this looks promising and I downloaded it, but when I tried importing, it came up as nothing. I was sure to follow directions and even restarted the editor just in case. So I guess I still need a model unless someone else can get it to import :(

Level 1
Well it's similar in fashion to the Tag maps, I.E. Kodo Tag, Bandit Tag, etc.

But mine differs in that your main builder is not just a builder, he's also a hero and you are able to choose your hero type in which each have a 1 unique special ability. So they can level up and be able to kill off the enemies that I spawn (Infernals).

Well this looks promising and I downloaded it, but when I tried importing, it came up as nothing. I was sure to follow directions and even restarted the editor just in case. So I guess I still need a model unless someone else can get it to import :(

Oh, I did a map like that before, called Resident Evil Tag.. but their were players playing as the taggers instead of NPC's. Good idea though Stumpy Joe :grin:

Level 3
I tried to import it, and it worked.
Do like this:

1. Download The Model

2. Import it to your map.

3. Remove war3mapimported\ It should end up looking like this: Metroid.blp

4. Save your map and exit the WE.

5. Open WE and your map and it should be there.

Ok yes, I got, I did not restart the editor before changing the model's type to the custom type after removing the imported address. Thanks.

Yeah, you must write the correct texture path, otherwise it will never work.

Yes, I did get it to go, but it's not quite what I wanted. The model would have been great, but it lacks the crucial channeling animation I need :cry:

Oh, I did a map like that before, called Resident Evil Tag.. but their were players playing as the taggers instead of NPC's. Good idea though Stumpy Joe :grin:

Thanks lol. I'm not sure how long it'll be till I get my map up. Hopefully soon :wink:

Level 3
Well the request is still open. The last suggestion didn't have the main part i needed.

All I need really is a model that has a channeling animation that's similar to what I said above. Anyone able?

Level 3
Anyone still willing to make this? I tried again at making my own, but failed once again lol. As I mentioned before, I'll give a huge mention of you in my map if you help!

Level 3
This will be my last topic bump, I don't want to be a spamming requester lol. Still in need of the model I requested BADLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.