• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need model animated for Metroid project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I'm making a metroid map (early BETAs have been released, but they're now obselete), and I need someone to animate a custom model (the players' character, looks like Samus). I don't need it done well, I just need it to work (at least for now). And you don't need to know anything about metroid either, I can expain anything if you have any questions =] Plus, there are some other minor changes (growing the entire model, and fixing attachment points) - if you don't know how to do those, they can be done seperately from the animations.

Here's the WIP model (from the deceased 'Metroid Prophecies' mod), which already has several animations completed.
http://fast.filespace.org/FriendlyWarlord/Variasuit.zip

And here's the entire list of everything that needs to be changed. It looks big, but most of the animations are VERY simple.

-= Reanimating the Power Suit =-

Yes, the Samus model needs some MAJOR changes with the animations and attachment points. However, there are no changes with how the model actually looks (besides growing it).
The 'stand', 'stand ready', 'walk', and 'attack' animations from the old model will be used (if possible).

First of all, the scale of the model needs to be 70%-100% bigger, so the effects attached to it are the right size.

And now, the big scary list of animations:

Walk - (same as before)
Stand - (same as before)
Stand Alternate Fifth (not quite sure how to name this one) - Standing upright with gun facing down (like when Samus faces the camera in the 2d games). Used for saving, etc. It plays ONLY when triggers tell it to.
Stand Ready - Holding arm cannon. (same as before)
Attack - Same as previous, but with some kickback. (same as before)
Death - Just dissapearing after half a second would be ok.
Morph - Quickly curls up a bit, used for morphing into a ball, crouching, AND jumping.

Jumping animtations:

Stand Walk Alternate Second (or something like that) - Plays this animation ALL THE TIME when jumping. (When you're jumping, you morph into a different unit.) Basically the model is curled up into sort of a ball, and slowly spinning forward.
Morph Alternate Second (Optional) - Landing a jump, should be a very short animation. Quickly uncurls, feet land on ground, etc.

Ball animations:

Stand Alternate Third - Ball sitting on the ground. (You can remove the particles for all these animations if you want)
Walk Alternate Third - The ball spins around =O (same as before)
Morph Alternate Thrid - Quickly unculs into a standing position, the ball just dissapears.

Crouching animations:

Stand Alternate Fourth - Crouching on one knee, gun not pointed upright. (You can't shoot when you're crouching)
Morph Alternate Fourth (Optional) - Standing up from a crouch.

Attachment points:

Don't worry, it's almost over! Here are the attachment points I need on it:

origin
overhead
head
chest
weapon
foot, left (only needed when standing)
foot, right (only needed when standing)

When you turn into a ball, all the attachment points (except for origin and overhead) should go to the centre of the ball.

If you want more info on the project, I'm hosted at WC3ModForge:
http://wc3modforge.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=392

Level 2
Yeah, I think after the demo is done, I'll release everything (icons, skins, tileset, models... maybe not the music and sounds though). Glad to hear the model's going well =]

When eveything's working and stuff and the animations are started, can you send me a WIP of the model with each of the animations just barely started? Just to see if there's anything that needs to be fixed before you start adding any details.

Level 9
Of course. I'm beginning to rig the bottom geoset of the model, I've split just about everything up and I've done some general fixing and cleaning up. Most notably, I fixed the problemof unwelded verts. (Did you notice how the model was all blocky ingame, that was the result), but it's fixed now. Oh, and you want the ball built into the model too right? (As in not a sepearate model).

Level 9
Alright, here's a little picture of the bottom section, it's rigged and ready to go.
VariasuitPart.png

I'm going to work on the upper part, then it's a simple matter to get the ball rolling, literally and figuratively :) Since the animations are simple, they shouldn't take too long. The only thing I'm not sure if I can get is the attachment points, but I think I'll be able to manage them.

Level 9
Ha! We're in buisness. (I'm not sure if I actually mentioned, but I am reanimating from scratch, the importer won't take animations or bones)
Variasuit.png

If you want to give me any more details on the model, now's the time. Everything is rigged and ready for animating. One other question, did you make Samus's texture to fit into the game better? Because it's very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.