• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A lot (70) of my icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not playing Warcraft 3 for roughly 1.5 years now. I stopped playing rather fast. That is, I've just shift+deleted entire section of disc, responsible for everything related to game, to not create further possibility of distraction. Yes, I know, very smart of me, considering that most of my maps and resources did not have proper backups.
Today, I was going through temp folders, trying to find config files that I was assembling for a friend earlier. And found this. A folder with my icons! (and some other junk. But that's of no value)
So, having the fact that many of these have never seen any other places than my hard drive, I think it would be a shame to just remove those.
That's why I'm posting these here.
A "collection" image with all of these:
e6b444e8f4.png

Indeed. A number of these are "variations" for standard icons that I have made either for my own maps, request, or curiosity. Many do not have necessary skill to edit icons to have an appealing colour and appropriate file size, but still could make use from these.
If curious, here's a separate image consisting only from "unique" icons:
a5bc3c39a0.png

What's good about these:
All icons are highly (as far as format allows) optimized. This means, that quality is kept high, and file size is low. And by "low", I mean that every separate icon (BTN + DISBTN) fits into just 8KB. So you can include quite a lot of these with next to no size increments.

What is included:
I think it is easy enough to judge by collection image, but just in case it isn't (or for search systems), here's table of contents:
  • "Missing" icons
    These are icons for common assets, which you can find in a lot of maps, but they never have a matching icon, because there isn't one included in Warcraft. So I've decided to fix this. A bit. In form of 26 icons.

1. Ancient Ziggurat (Unlisted Northrend model)
    2. Ancient Ziggurat, no "head"
    3. Green town house (1 floor)
    4. Red town house (2 floors)
    5. Blue town house (3 floors)
    6. Red town building
    7. Green town building
    8. Blue town building
    9. Cathedral
    10. Windmill
    11. Dalaran building
    12. Crystal shield (blue)
    13. Iron cage
    14. Fountain of life (alternate - higher quality than default icon)
    15. Fountain of mana
    16. Fountain of energy (purple - as seen in Orc campaign)
    17. Polluted fountain (green)
    18. Fountain of blood (red)
    19. Forest troll hut
    20. Ice troll hut
    21. Lordaeron rocks, variation 0
    22. Lordaeron rocks, variation 1
    23. Lordaeron rocks, variation 2
    24. Lordaeron rocks, variation 3
    25. Lordaeron rocks, variation 4
    26. Lordaeron rocks, variation 5
  • Variations of standard icons.
    "Because a single generic helmet icon is sometimes not enough".

• Lightning shield (4): chaos (green), ice (blue), magic (purple), revenge (fire-coloured)
    • Gem (2): blue, gold. Actually I used to have a lot of variations to this icon.
    • Lightning hammer (5): Dawn (orange), Death (purple), Ice (blue), Lime (guess...), Love (pink; what was I thinking of when naming this?)
    • Dragon heart (3) - blue, gold, purple
    • Human helmet/Crown of kings (5) - aqua, gold, grey, green, pink
    • Imbued masonry (4) - Green, Blue, Purple, Red
    • Lightning orb (4) - magic (purple), rage (red), time (desaturated aqua), transmutation (gold)
    • Robe of the Magi (3) - darkness (purple), fel (green), fire (red)
    • Soul gem (6) - black, blue, green, purple, red, yellow
    • Regeneration stone (5) - ice (aqua), love (pink), magic (purple), nature (green), sun (gold)

1. Not all of these are related to each other
2. Some of these are variations to standard icons
3. It would take a while and a half to do (not less than 26 archives to make and write descriptions for)

Download:
Download BLPs (506 KB)
Download PNGs (970 KB)
Also you can find them in attachments.

As you may know, BLP is not a lossless format, even at maximum quality. So if you want to edit any of these, PNG versions are more suitable. Additionally (unless you have a separate plugin installed), PNG icons are quite easier to look through with standard file management software.

Have fun.
Feedback is welcome.
Also I have a site-blog, to which I post variety of things that I do.

Attachments

• 70icons_blp.zip
    505.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 70icons_png.zip
    969.5 KB · Views: 247
  • everything.png
    everything.png
    519.7 KB · Views: 10,348

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
TheYellowAfterlife said:
That is, I've just shift+deleted entire section of disc, responsible for everything related to game, to not create further possibility of distraction. Yes, I know, very smart of me, considering that most of my maps and resources did not have proper backups.
Nooooooeeeesssss...

That's my worst nightmare. All these old mods, resources, ideas... That being said, thanks for uploading whatcha got. Not bad.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Personally, I think the recolors are way better than the new ones. I fell in love with some of them :) +rep to you good sir!

Level 11
I'm not playing Warcraft 3 for roughly 1.5 years now. I stopped playing rather fast. That is, I've just shift+deleted entire section of disc, responsible for everything related to game, to not create further possibility of distraction. Yes, I know, very smart of me, considering that most of my maps and resources did not have proper backups.
Today, I was going through temp folders, trying to find config files that I was assembling for a friend earlier. And found this. A folder with my icons! (and some other junk. But that's of no value)
So, having the fact that many of these have never seen any other places than my hard drive, I think it would be a shame to just remove those.
That's why I'm posting these here.
A "collection" image with all of these:
e6b444e8f4.png

Indeed. A number of these are "variations" for standard icons that I have made either for my own maps, request, or curiosity. Many do not have necessary skill to edit icons to have an appealing colour and appropriate file size, but still could make use from these.
If curious, here's a separate image consisting only from "unique" icons:
a5bc3c39a0.png

What's good about these:
All icons are highly (as far as format allows) optimized. This means, that quality is kept high, and file size is low. And by "low", I mean that every separate icon (BTN + DISBTN) fits into just 8KB. So you can include quite a lot of these with next to no size increments.

What is included:
I think it is easy enough to judge by collection image, but just in case it isn't (or for search systems), here's table of contents:
  • "Missing" icons
    These are icons for common assets, which you can find in a lot of maps, but they never have a matching icon, because there isn't one included in Warcraft. So I've decided to fix this. A bit. In form of 26 icons.

1. Ancient Ziggurat (Unlisted Northrend model)
    2. Ancient Ziggurat, no "head"
    3. Green town house (1 floor)
    4. Red town house (2 floors)
    5. Blue town house (3 floors)
    6. Red town building
    7. Green town building
    8. Blue town building
    9. Cathedral
    10. Windmill
    11. Dalaran building
    12. Crystal shield (blue)
    13. Iron cage
    14. Fountain of life (alternate - higher quality than default icon)
    15. Fountain of mana
    16. Fountain of energy (purple - as seen in Orc campaign)
    17. Polluted fountain (green)
    18. Fountain of blood (red)
    19. Forest troll hut
    20. Ice troll hut
    21. Lordaeron rocks, variation 0
    22. Lordaeron rocks, variation 1
    23. Lordaeron rocks, variation 2
    24. Lordaeron rocks, variation 3
    25. Lordaeron rocks, variation 4
    26. Lordaeron rocks, variation 5
  • Variations of standard icons.
    "Because a single generic helmet icon is sometimes not enough".

• Lightning shield (4): chaos (green), ice (blue), magic (purple), revenge (fire-coloured)
    • Gem (2): blue, gold. Actually I used to have a lot of variations to this icon.
    • Lightning hammer (5): Dawn (orange), Death (purple), Ice (blue), Lime (guess...), Love (pink; what was I thinking of when naming this?)
    • Dragon heart (3) - blue, gold, purple
    • Human helmet/Crown of kings (5) - aqua, gold, grey, green, pink
    • Imbued masonry (4) - Green, Blue, Purple, Red
    • Lightning orb (4) - magic (purple), rage (red), time (desaturated aqua), transmutation (gold)
    • Robe of the Magi (3) - darkness (purple), fel (green), fire (red)
    • Soul gem (6) - black, blue, green, purple, red, yellow
    • Regeneration stone (5) - ice (aqua), love (pink), magic (purple), nature (green), sun (gold)

1. Not all of these are related to each other
2. Some of these are variations to standard icons
3. It would take a while and a half to do (not less than 26 archives to make and write descriptions for)

Download:
Download BLPs (506 KB)
Download PNGs (970 KB)
Also you can find them in attachments.

As you may know, BLP is not a lossless format, even at maximum quality. So if you want to edit any of these, PNG versions are more suitable. Additionally (unless you have a separate plugin installed), PNG icons are quite easier to look through with standard file management software.

Have fun.
Feedback is welcome.
Also I have a site-blog, to which I post variety of things that I do.
Very nice, it's great to fill warcraft 3 lack of icons on some of their building.

Status
Not open for further replies.