• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A little question about triggers and abilities. Are they Linked sometimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, Maybe this is something related to Jass(languague which I don´t know anything about), but, Ok, i will tell you what happened to me:

Hero: Aqua Wizard
Ability: Hydro Explosion

Collects water from the surface of the earth and does a mass explosion near her throwing into the air and dealing damage to any unit around her.

Ok, the base ability of this on Is War Stomp. No Damage, No Area of Effect, No Stun.
Well, I have 3 triggers to update this ability:

Hydro Explosion Cast - Has the Event, when the ability is casted, it sets variables and turns the Hydro Explosion Update Swril.

Hydro Explosion Update Swirl - Ok, you will see, before the explosions are done, a swirl of water does a spin around the Aqua Wizard until they reach her(these things are units with blue modles). Well, While this swirl of these units was being done, I notticed that the ability of Hydro Explosion was still being casted, like a channeling, and if i cancelled it, the Blu Units stopped and the trigger of update was automatically turned off. And now I say,, How W3 realised that when i stopped casting the ability it had to turn off this update trigger when in nowhere there was the Order to do it?

Hydro Explosion Update Flying - This updates the flying of the units pumped up. This does not interferes.

Now, How the heck the W3 did that? It isn´t a really hard matter, but i´m just curious. Okk, see ya!

Level 5
Just trying to clarify...

You begin a trigger when "Unit begins casting ability", start to perform the necessary actions, and if you cancel your channeling (warstomp isn't normally a channeling spell... I would've picked something like starfall or tranquility myself), the remaining actions for the spell are skipped and any dummy units created thereby are destroyed. Correct?

Did you copy this ability from another map, or write it yourself?

Level 2
Well, something like that

Just trying to clarify...

You begin a trigger when "Unit begins casting ability", start to perform the necessary actions, and if you cancel your channeling (warstomp isn't normally a channeling spell... I would've picked something like starfall or tranquility myself), the remaining actions for the spell are skipped and any dummy units created thereby are destroyed. Correct?

Did you copy this ability from another map, or write it yourself?

I use the Event ¨When a Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability¨. I normally use War Stomp instead of Choosing Starfall for another ability for the Hero. Well, when i cancel the channelinng, the dummy units aren´t destroyed, the trigger that updates the ability is turned off. I had to do another trigger for destroying them because this actually represented a bug for my map(the dummy units Had to be removed from existence XD). The channeling of the ability is automatically Finished when this trigger is turned off(actually when the dummy units do what they originally had to do).

And, to the last question, Hydro Explosion is of my creation. Paskovich´s Hydro Pump just inspired me to do something with water Xd.

Might I have Accidentlly Simulated the Same Programming that Wc3 Creators did for their spells? I don´t have Idea. Ok, thanks for answering!

Status
Not open for further replies.