• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A little advice please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey everyone!

Um...Well I was just lookin for some advice regarding a map that I've been working on..
Ehem...I think i may have gotten a little carried away while importing music to my game...
My map size is 203 MB.... eh..hehe....and well first of all the map i've been working on is a single player rpg...It has a pretty long story and about 15 hrs of game play so far...It features a world map with about 24 locations..

and the thing is..i need that music!:ogre_rage: I find music really helps to bring the adventure to life!...
My question is..is there anyway to some how shorten the Map size without removing the music? Or if not.. Do you think people will still wanna try it out?
I'm not sure how much longer untill the map is finished...I've been working on it on and off for about 6 years lol..but now that i'm near the end..I find my self working faster! :D
I kinda want to see what people think about it. Rawr! Guess that's it!

Level 12
My question is..is there anyway to some how shorten the Map size without removing the music? Or if not.. Do you think people will still wanna try it out?
If the map is great people will for sure download 200MB. You can still check whether your music uses a nice compression format and whether you actually need everything that's in your map.

Mind though that this is the introduction subforum, so hello :).

Status
Not open for further replies.